Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing from a £10 Big Value Bundle to a £5 Big Value Bundle

Marrea
4: Newbie

My current £10 BVB expires on Friday 22nd September.  I want to change to a £5 BVB. 

I understand that to cancel the £10 BVB I need to ring 2345 from my mobile, then when my allowance runs out at the end of the 30 day period I ring 2345 again to buy a £5 BVB.   Does this mean I can call to cancel the £10 BVB any time between now and Friday 22nd, and then ring on Saturday 23rd to buy a £5 BVB? 

I'm slightly unsure of the exact timing of the two phone calls.  I'm anxious to prevent the £10 BVB being automatically renewed when it expires.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Marrea

I couldn't log in to my account this morning to check the route, but have now done so. You should be able to find it it by going to Services and Extras, then to Big Value Bundles and Freebies. At present I see the option to opt out of my present BVB, and once yours has expired, you should see the option to buy the next one, of a different value. Don't worry if you still see an opt out option - I did so after I had opted out of my previous Freebie. 

View solution in original position

6 REPLIES 6

Annie_N

@Marrea

You can cancel your £10 BVB immediately - it will then expire at the end of the 30 days, after which you can buy one of a different value. I'm not 100% sure how late you can leave it before cancelling, but I'd suggest a couple of days in advance, to be on the safe side.

You should also be able to do this via your online account, if you have set one up. 

Many thanks, Annie_N for clarifying this for me.  I do have an online account so I will see if I can do it there.  Otherwise I will try 2345.  I'll report back on how I get on.  

Well I had a look at my online account this afternoon but couldn't find any section where I could cancel the £10 BVB, so I rang 2345.  What a tortuous process that was.  Why is it I wonder with these automated answerphones you can never easily find the option you want? !!  Eventually after two or three tries I somehow (more by luck than judgement) managed to get to the option to cancel a BVB, so hopefully mine will not now automatically be renewed on 23rd September.

My next struggle will be attempting to take out a £5 BVB on the expiry of my £10 BVB.  Again, I will report back on that.

Annie_N

@Marrea

I couldn't log in to my account this morning to check the route, but have now done so. You should be able to find it it by going to Services and Extras, then to Big Value Bundles and Freebies. At present I see the option to opt out of my present BVB, and once yours has expired, you should see the option to buy the next one, of a different value. Don't worry if you still see an opt out option - I did so after I had opted out of my previous Freebie. 

Many thanks for this, Annie_N.   I can’t remember whether I actually looked at that section yesterday but I have just done so now.  What it says is:

£10 Big Value Bundle.  This Big Value Bundle will end on 23 Sep 2017

(I thought it was due to expire on the 22nd but that is a minor technicality !!)

followed by:

Your Big Value Bundle is set to end on 23 Sep 2017.  You can choose another Big Value Bundle or Freebie on this date.”  And under this there is a button to “Opt in”.

There doesn’t appear to be anything about opting out of my (still at the moment current) £10 BVB.  But that may well be because I have already opted out by phone yesterday, and I have today received a text message confirming that.  So that all looks OK.

I imagine that all I will have to do now is go back to this section on 23 September and “Opt in” to choose a £5 BVB.  Hopefully that will be the end of the saga, but I will let you know.

Annie_N

Just to confirm that I have today successfully purchased a £5 Big Value Bundle via my online account.

Many thanks for guiding me through this.  I am most grateful.