Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Changing from a basic Nokia to an iphone 6

Mike313
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi. Complete technophobe here so don't laugh if this is a stupid question :Smiling:

I have a very basic phone-only pay-as-you-go Nokia which I've had for years. I'm quite happy with it but on occasions it would be good to have a camera or be able to use Whatsapp. My partner has a spare (locked) iPhone 6 and has offered it to me. Before paying to have it unlocked, what would be involved in changing my SIM/number to the iPhone and still remaining PAYG?

Thanks in advance :Smiling:

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

The iPhone 6 takes a nano SIM card so if the one in your Nokia is too big and isn't a multi SIM where you can't push the nano size out of it then any Vodafone Store can perform a SIM swap that usually takes minutes to compete but can occasionally be 24 hours. 

Take photo ID to prove your the account holder. 

It's free to do and moves your Mobile number and Payg account over to the new nano SIM. 

The old SIM would become de activated. 

There's no change to your Payg account but be aware an iPhone will use more mobile data than a Nokia feature phone so you may want to re evaluate your current mobile data allowance. 

You'll also need to set up an Apple ID to put into the iPhone. 

Your partner will need to unlock it to all networks and reset it to remove his Apple ID and activation lock. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.