Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Charges

KMCB
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Does it cost to receive calls or messages and texts on pay as you go ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

No @KMCB it's always free to receive home and abroad.   Only outgoing are chargeable.

Just remember to top up or make an outgoing activity, it is recommended to do this in a 90 days period to avoid disconnection.

@KMCB At a guess you are on PAYG 1 paying £1.00 per day for outgoing activity only, a common mistake is leaving mobile data turned on, if the phone accesses the internet for any reason, Vodafone will take £1.00 of your credit, turn off your mobile data and turn on your WiFi and this will stop Vodafone taking your credit.

Apart from that just keep a watch on your credit through the Application and dialing 2345.  If any credit if taken incorrectly, make a note and contact Customer Services.

View solution in original position

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS

No @KMCB it's always free to receive home and abroad.   Only outgoing are chargeable.

Just remember to top up or make an outgoing activity, it is recommended to do this in a 90 days period to avoid disconnection.

@KMCB At a guess you are on PAYG 1 paying £1.00 per day for outgoing activity only, a common mistake is leaving mobile data turned on, if the phone accesses the internet for any reason, Vodafone will take £1.00 of your credit, turn off your mobile data and turn on your WiFi and this will stop Vodafone taking your credit.

Apart from that just keep a watch on your credit through the Application and dialing 2345.  If any credit if taken incorrectly, make a note and contact Customer Services.

Many thanks

I thought not, but my balance seemed to disappear rather quickly even though I had not used the phone much.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @KMCB 

Take a look at https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions and you can see the full charges etc.

Personally I use the Big Value Bundle but there is also Payg1.

Vodafone also offer Vodafone Voxi. > Vodafone Voxi. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.