Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Checkout error

Lollyjj
2: Seeker

This is driving me mad- I only want to buy a phone! I get to the submit order page after payment, which goes through and I get this message:

"Please try again: hopefully everything is working now, but if you still experience problems, please call our customer support centre on 08080 408 408 to help with your purchase"

Called the number, told to clear cache, cookies, try different browser, did all that and tried using laptop and then phone again to buy. Nothing. Tried webchat several times. Then ran out of time. Can anyone help.? This is crazy. Not impressed.

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Usually clearing the cache and cookies and or trying another browser or device resolves this type of issue @Lollyjj 

There is no account access via this forum to help you unfortunately.

At what stage does the process fail i.e at the beginning or when your completing the transaction  ?

Can't customer services via phone or Live Chat process the sale for you ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Lollyjj

Thanks for your reply, I need to steel myself before I make another attempt at this purchase!

I do feel that Vodafone really need to look into this issue as I can't be the only one. Surely with all us being so reliant on online shopping at the moment, now more than ever this kind of error needs to be rectified. 

I know that with all the online shopping I've been doing this has never happened to me anywhere else on any other site.  There was another error a couple of months ago when I tried to use a webshop voucher which just would not go through. I still don't know why, and I ended up having to go to a store so I couldn't use my webshop voucher as it was online only(!).

Vodafone is telling me to clear cookies and caches too but really if you know you are having to tell your customers to do that does that not indicate there is a problem that needs sorting out and investigating?

BandOfBrothers

I agree at the moment Online Shopping is the route to go and I do hope you manage to successfully create your order.

That or if you get stuck try Argos or CPW so at least you hopefully get the phone of choice.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Ok after several caches clearances, and attempts with 3 different browsers, webchatscand phone calls, a customer service rep told me there's a system update taking place this weekend and the technical team are working on it. 

How difficult would it be to communicate this on the website to customers and to customer service reps? 

Apparently everything should be ok tomorrow, fingers crossed! But not impressed with how this has been handled.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hi @Lollyjj, I'm sorry for the experience you had when ordering your phone online! Have you since been able to do this without any issues? 

Hi Tash, yes I was managed to successfully order the phone on Monday and it was delivered yesterday. I'm pleased with it, but my that was painful! As I've already said Vodafone should have communicated on their website and to customer services that there was a problem once it was brought to their attention.