Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Contract expiring, want to change to PAYG

GreggyGregGreg
4: Newbie

My contract expires in a couple of weeks, been in store to sort it out, but staff are less than helpful.  One store said I had to wait until my contract finsihes to do anything, and went into another store today and they said that I cannot keep my number if I change to PAYG, and they cannot do the change anyway.  

So, how do I actually change to PAYG, as I obvioulsy pay a month in advance so will also end up needing to claim a refund too as no one's able to help me!

13 REPLIES 13

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @GreggyGregGreg 

There is nothing stopping you from changing from pay monthly to PAYG, but this needs to be done through Customer Services by calling 191 or using live chat.  The problem you are going to have is with 30 days notice required, it will take 30 days to complete.   As you will have already paid for the last month in arrears, there is no reason for Vodafone being unable to action this immediately. 

An added advantage is being able to use the same online account, this will change to PAYG as will your SIM card, Vodafone even send a text to let you know when the number has been changed.  Unless things have changed, Vodafone give you £10.00 top up credit to get you started once your number has moved.

As always, there will be two final bills, when you receive the final 0.00 bill you will be free to cancel your direct debit.

Further information here: How do I switch between a Pay monthly and Pay as you go plan?

Surely I am paying a month in advance, not arrears?  I first went into a shop at the end of September, but the staff were unable to asssist, so have attempted to give 30 days notice, but Vodafone have been unable to accept it due to the incompetence and disinterest of their staff.

Why can this not be dealt with in store?

AnnS

Hi @GreggyGregGreg 

Stores can't take a termination request, they are mainly sales.

There is no reason for Customer Services being unable to action your request to cancel the pay monthly contract and move the number to PAYG.

The other alternative is to text PAC to 65075, move the number out of Vodafone and back in on PAYG, no need for the 30 days wait and this will generate your final bills.   You would however, have to pay for the final two weeks of contract.

So the best way us to ring customer services, then they can organise me to move to PAYG on the day following my contract expiry?

And presumably they will also refund me for any overpayments due to duff advice received in store? After all, there is no reason Vodafone couldn't have advised me by email or letter of my choices in plenty of time, and I have made the effort to try and find out and have been the victim of untrained and disinterested staff in your shops

AnnS

Hi @GreggyGregGreg 

Lets start with I am only trying to help I do not work for Vodafone and the shops will not be mine.  Store staff are sales, they cannot take you through the necessary data protection to cancel a contract, that is the role of Customer Services.

I have given you the information, contact Vodafone through the Customer Service channels to pass data protection, they will be able to transfer your contract to PAYG.

Thanks for your help. 

Where are all the people who work for Vodafone when you need them? And why are they relying on volunteers to provide customer service support? :Hmm_Face:

We come here to help guide and support people who need it @GreggyGregGreg 

The Vodafone Social Media Teams here do read all threads and posts however it was decided by Vodafone that account issues cannot be dealt with here on the forum.

They can help a person but only if they contact them via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries.

However I agree all the different support departments of Vodafone should be giving the same correct advice i.e singing from the same hymn sheet as it were.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Well, I've been waiting over five hours for a response from them on Facebook/Twitter. How long does it typically take? 

AnnS

@GreggyGregGreg wrote:

Well, I've been waiting over five hours for a response from them on Facebook/Twitter. How long does it typically take? 

You should have received an automated email confirmation for your message, if this has been received it will confirm you are in the queue for a response. With the social media channels being busy, you should expect to get to the top of the queue within 48 hours probably sooner.

if you want an instant response, the quickest way is to speak to Customer Services/live chat.