Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Creating online account

Fieldmouse48
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I am a visitor to England and I am staying for 30 days.  I visited a Vodafone shop and asked for a 30 day sim card and they sold me a VOXI sim. They activated the sim card and it works well, however the email I got from Vodafone, confirming the sim card, says it will renew in 30 days.

They didn't create an on line account as far as I know, so will it fail to renew because a payment method was not set up or will it renew using the debit card I used to pay for the sim card

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Fieldmouse48 

As you are only a visitor to the UK and staying for 30 days, you should have been sold a Vodafone PAYG SIM, this would have been the better option for your circumstances and the short term use, the Voxi SIM you have been sold is a 30 day tariff and will automatically renew after 30 days using the payment method you have selected until you contact Voxi and cancel.

Please see this link where you can see the terms of payment in advance: Voxi Terms and Conditions

Please also see here: Vodafone PAYG

If you return to the store where you purchased the SIM or contact Voxi here: Voxi they will be able to advise further.

Interestingly, to the best of my knowledge, I never selected a payment option. Nor did I create an online account. I just paid for the sim card with a debit card. 

I wonder if they specifically didn't set up an account, which means no payment method. Without a payment method, the sim card can't renew and I guess will lapse after the 30 days.

I'll go back and check.

Thanks

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Fieldmouse48 I think they may have given you the VOXI SIM as you'll be worry free for a month. You can use your calls and texts as normal and have endless Social Media too. They also have some offers on so you'll get more data for your money at the moment! All you have to do is log into your online account - from there you'll be able to opt out of your plan. Then, instead of your plan renewing after 30 days, it'll just automatically cancel. 

If you're unsure about anything though, please get in touch with VOXI using the link @AnnS sent and they'll be able to clear everything up for you! I hope you have a lovely time in England 😊

Thanks. Certainly enjoying London's warm weather

My difficulty is that I don't have an online account and I don't know how to create one :Sad_face:

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

I'm glad you're enjoying your visit 😊 Did you get in touch with VOXI @Fieldmouse48