main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

Disconnecetd number after a week of use

2: Seeker

Hello,after sending a grouped sms(I suppose it is the only reason after checking on other conversations)my number has been disconnected for breaching vodafone  t and C's ,I bought 5 pound super value bundle which does not seems so super value finally,I ve chatted online and been told to call a number,the man told me someone else will call back,which I doubt,is it a buisness trick to let people buy bundles and then disconnect their number??

I havent breached any rule at all ,except if sending a grouped  sms is a crime...is there any solution for that or do I have to leave vodafone?(not without discouraging people who could be tempted to buy some vodafone sim..)

View more options
5 REPLIES 5
17: Community Champion

Hi @violaine

If you used the SIM in a computer to generate a large volume of group SMS, that could well be regarded by Vodafone as a breech of T & C's.  

The best was forward is to contact Vodafone, live chat works well enabling you to download a transcript of the conversation for your records.  Alternatively, wait for one of the forum Team to contact you for account access and get your SIM back online with the network.

View more options

Thank you for your response,I hadn't used a computer to send sms ,I only have tower as a computer which is quite old and doesn't allow me to do these sort of things,I only sent the same sms to more than 10 persons at the same time,it isn't mentioned you are not allowed to send grouped messages with pay and go..    I feel like I ve been cheated...

View more options
17: Community Champion

I think you may find all the Networks have similar T&C's in regards to this. 

They would not deactivate an account for sending 10 text messages in my experience. 

Youll need to persevere with Customer service. 

As your payg you can leave the Network at any time and try elsewhere as long as the alternative network provides adequate signal 

Current Phone > Samsung Note 9 _512Gb > Model: SM-N960 Hybrid-Duos.

Samsung One Ui  / Pie.

Samsung Gear s3 Frontier Watch.

View more options

The problem is the number is already disconnected ,I don't understand your suggestion,do you mean to buy another sim from another provider?? Or to put the sim on another phone which is useless as the sim is blocked,This way of disconnecting a number is a way to steal people,it is not because | only paid 5 pounds that I havent the right to have a valid number...theft is a theft even if the value of it is only one egg...

View more options
Administrator

@violaine It does seem strange that your number was disconnected due to this 🤔

We'll need to investigate further on your account in order to gain a better understand as to why this happened and how we can rectify this for you. 

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch with our team directly. 

View more options