cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Do I need to do anything about pa6 as you gosim?

Anniebee52
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I bought a Doro phone from my local Vodafone store this morning.  It came with a £10 pay as you go sim.  I am a pay monthly customer so my old sim was put in my new phone, and that is working fine.  However, when I looked on my old phone, which now has the pay as you go sim I had a load of messages telling me to opt out of the big value bundle, update my settings, and welcoming me as a new customer with a new number.  I am worried that I am going to be charged for this, and I don’t need a new number!  Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Anniebee52

You won't have anything to be concerned about, the only reason you are receiving the messages is due to the SIM change.  As you are using your new PAYG SIM in your old phone, you can still use the £10.00 credit which came with the SIM.  You have probably been sold a SIM on PAYG 1, if you dial 2345 from your old phone and follow the prompts you will be able to find the PAYG tariff which came with the SIM.  The APN will also need to be updated and changed from pay monthly to PAYG.

You will also need to change the APN data settings from PAYG to pay monthly in your new phone.

Further information on settings here : Set up phone for internet

My new phone doesn’t have internet.  It’s a basic Doro, so do I still need to change APN data settings?  My old phone didn’t have internet either.  It’s a basic Alcatel.  Thanks for your help.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Anniebee52 If your phones aren't set up for using the internet and you want to keep it this way, I wouldn't worry about changing your APN data settings 😊 Just use the credit on the Pay as you go SIM/phone for calls and texts. 

Thanks.  I went back into the store and they said I could ignore all the text messages anyway.