Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Download app on a non Vodafone mobile

sdonelan
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

Can the Vodafone app be downloaded on a mobile using a different network provider? My daughter has a Vodafone mobile and I'd like to download the app on my mobile so I can top up her pay as you go credit 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sdonelan

You wouldn't be able to download the My Vodafone application to a non Vodafone phone, it has to be with the Vodafone number.  However, there is nothing stopping you from setting up an online account for your Daughters number from here: How can I manage my account online? this will enble you to manage the account and top up the account online.

If it's only topping up, you don't even need an online account, you can still top up online and using alternative methods from the information on this link:  Topping Up Credit

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @sdonelan

You wouldn't be able to download the My Vodafone application to a non Vodafone phone, it has to be with the Vodafone number.  However, there is nothing stopping you from setting up an online account for your Daughters number from here: How can I manage my account online? this will enble you to manage the account and top up the account online.

If it's only topping up, you don't even need an online account, you can still top up online and using alternative methods from the information on this link:  Topping Up Credit

Ok thankyou

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

If you set up an online account, which gives much more information than just the app, make sure that your own mobile number is added as an alternative contact number - that way, you can request that the necessary security code is sent to your phone rather than your daughter's phone when logging in to the account.

Thanks, will do