Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Failed topup by 2345 when abroad

Jeydee
3: Seeker

When I am abroad (in Poland now) I find a problem with topping up the voucher via No. 2345 or 1345 After dialing instead of the service, I hear surprised private people... Also, I can't check my account balance using these numbers. The situation is outrageous and lasts for over 24 hours. This condition is a scandal - I see, reading other threads, that this is a common problem in Vodafone

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Jeydee 

The only ways to top up abroad are online here  through your My Vodafone application or by following this link using a debit or credit card: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/index.htm

View solution in original position

9 REPLIES 9

Jeydee

I cannot top up my number using the voucher!!!!  I'm in Poland now. The 2345 service connects me to an private numbers!!!! This is a nightmare. I tried alternative numbers, e.g. 1345... Can you wake up there in Vodafone!

, or should I change operator?

AnnS

Hi @Jeydee 

The only ways to top up abroad are online here  through your My Vodafone application or by following this link using a debit or credit card: https://www.vodafone.co.uk/explore/costs/travelling-abroad/index.htm

For me It's hard to believe it, because until now, always and the last time, about a month before, I supplemented my phone by 2345 and voucher being overseas (in PL). If something has changed there in company policy then such a respectable institution as Vodafone is, should write me an text about this fact... instead all of this "wishing"  nonsenses they practics. Do I have to find out about this and waste my time browsing the internet and finding answers like yours - mate? But any way - thnx a lot

AnnS

Hi @Jeydee 

There is no reason for your rude reply. 

I would mention that I don't work for Vodafone and I am only trying to help a fellow customer and, at the same time, give an accurate as possible reply pointing you to the relevant information from the website.

There is no excuse for swearing on this forum, even when the middle of the word has been asterisk out. Due to not knowing you, neither am I your mate.

Thanks for your reply though. I also notice you have edited your reply. 

I know, I know, I should be allways correct... do not talk bad when may operator suddenly, will turn off the possibility of topingup because such shouting offends people - like you and others... However, maybe you should try to understand the essence of the problem, and not focus on expression "mate" That's what people say to each other when they want to show their good intentions. Instead, sometimes they express their emotions with asterix. My bad "asterix" emotions were not addressed to you, but Vodafone so stop moralizing me dear mate @AnnS 

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Have you tried topping up with a debit or credit card @Jeydee?  All you should have to do to top up while you're away is call 2345 free from your Vodafone phone and select option 1 to top up, followed by option 1 again to top up using a credit or debit card – and then follow the instructions. What message are you getting when you try to call this number? 

If you've purchased vouchers whilst in the UK, you should also be able to activate them here.

Please read my initiating post carefully. The problem concerns when I try attempt to top up using the Voucher. Before leaving the UK, I bought a certain amount vouchers . I understand and know that I can do it using online, credit card etc. ..However, so far till now I have always been able to do it through 2345 and the "vaucher" option. Yesterday, the whole day after dialing number 2345, telfon was received by  some surprised private persons...

I probably had 6 such attempts at different times of the day... Today I downloaded "my vodafone" and topped up my phone  normally with voucher number. The question is - WHY CAN'T I DO THIS THROUGH DIALOG 2345. When I did a web query - I saw that in the past people have had similar problems (since at least 2013) That's why I decided to write about it. Why Vodafone allows such situations? You don't think that if such a service exists it SHOULD WORK.? Even if something breaks - it should be fixed. I know that everything breaks down even "Rolsroyce and Swiss watches" but someone fixes them - why doesn't this happen in Vodafone?

TJ

I'm glad to hear you managed to get topped up @Jeydee. Have you tried to call the number since to activate a voucher? If the issues still occurring, I'll be happy to get this raised for further investigation. 

Hi@TJ .  I really appreciate that you care about my problem "abroad" seriously, believe me... I just used my last voucher and I will be coming home soon... No, I didn't try to use option number 2345 to topping up anymore. I used the My Vodafone app twice successfully. For my, My Vodafone app its best way to top up - now.

Thank you for your kind reply. I am sending heartfelt greetings to You (mate?) :Smiling: .