Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free PAYGo SIM from a store

Mikexx
1: Seeker

Is there any reason why a store won't give me one?

And insist on a payment of £10?

6 REPLIES 6

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@Mikexx

You can order a free SIM on https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk

If you go to a Vodafone store, I believe that they will charge you for the SIM and expect you to buy a Big Value Bundle at the same time. It doesn't seem very consistent! 

@Annie_N wrote:

@Mikexx

You can order a free SIM on https://freesim.vodafone.co.uk

If you go to a Vodafone store, I believe that they will charge you for the SIM and expect you to buy a Big Value Bundle at the same time. It doesn't seem very consistent! 

As you say it isn't very consistent with Customer Service saying one thing and the stores seemingly having their own, and different, policies.

Also Customer Service are unable to contact the Bromsgrove stores on my behalf to tell them the rules as outlined on the Vodafone website.

Everything I have to do with Vodafone seems to end in a bad way.

Annie_N

@Mikexx wrote:

Also Customer Service are unable to contact the Bromsgrove stores on my behalf to tell them the rules as outlined on the Vodafone website.

I'm not convinced that the availability of free SIMs on the website is intended to be applicable to the stores - the two routes are simply different! But it is somewhat confusing.

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Payg SIM cards are also available from the various £1 Highstreet discount stores and don't require a person to top them up @Mikexx

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

@BandOfBrothers wrote:

Payg SIM cards are also available from the various £1 Highstreet discount stores and don't require a person to top them up @Mikexx

That is useful to know. I have now ordered some online, but it's not obvious how long they will take to get to me. You get an email saying you will receive them 2-4days after a confirmation email, but you're not told how long to this confirmation email!

BandOfBrothers

I've ordered them.from the Vodafone website a few times and they typically take around 7 working days. 

Be mindful on what payg tariff type they are on and if your want  to change tariff type then make sure you turn Off Mobile Data in your phones settings before inserting the sim card to stop any accidental £2 data connection charge. 

The ones from the £1 store usually state what type of tariff is on them. 

You may need to activate the payg sim card too by calling the short code that's displayed inside the welcome pack accompanying the sim card. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.