Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Free topup from Talkmobile transfer

duncanhoyle
1: Seeker

I was supposed to get £10 included on my new PAYG sim when I transferred from Talkmobile. The envelope it was packaged in said it was already loaded but there's nothing there. If I try to apply again using the same voucher code it says the code has already been used, so it should have gone through.

Anyone else with a similar problem? Not a huge amount, but it's the principle

13 REPLIES 13

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @duncanhoyle

What Vodafone Payg Tariff are you on ?

Your myvodafone app or online myvodafone will show what your on. 

I'm thinking if your on a Big Value Bundle then the credit could have been taken to pay for your minutes , texts and data. 

Customer Services on 191 or Live Chat can clarify. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

The only information I'm aware of is on https://talkmobile.co.uk/payg/closure

This doesn't  specifically mention that the £10 will be applied to buy a Big Value Bundle, but I'd be inclined to suspect that this is what has happened. Assuming your new SIM is now active with Vodafone, you could simply dial 2345, and see what it has to say about your allowances - if you have 1GB of data, 200 minutes and unlimited texts, then you have a £10 Big Value Bundle. If you have no allowances, then the £10 credit is mislaid somewhere, and CS or Live Chat should be able to track it down for you.

If you have a BVB but don't want one in future, there are some FAQs at the foot of the page I link to, which should help you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm in the same situation. I recently activated a Vodafone PAYG SIM sent as part of the Talkmobile switchoff. Whilst it did activate, and my number transfer from Talkmobile to Vodafone is in process, the 1st free Big Value Bundle (which is stated on the envelope containing the SIM) hasn't been applied, one day after activation. Am I doing something wrong? Should it be activated after Talkmobile is closed, or my number is transfered. Or should I just contact customer services?

My number was transferred last week some time but I just checked and the bundle wasn't applied. Just now I've been on the online chat with one of the customer support (Ravi, a very helpful chap!) and the bundle was applied after about 5 minutes 🙂

Annie_N

@Anonymous I can't see anything in the information about the transfer to Vodafone to explain a delay. I'd expect the bundle to be applied initially to the temporary number on the SIM, and then to be transferred to your old number once the port of number has been completed. If there's still no sign of it by tomorrow morning, after turning the phone off and on a couple of times, I'd suggest contacting CS.

Annie_N

@duncanhoyle, I was typing my reply while you posted again. I'm glad that is resolved for you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

The bundle still wasn't applied by this morning, so I went to the online chat service, and all was fixed. In my case, apparently because my old number was in the process of being ported, a £10 credit was added to my account, which I then manually used to buy a bundle. Note that, because I don't have a Vodafone account, the representative will text a code to your phone, so you should probably have it with you (along with your phone number). Thanks everybody.

Annie_N

@Anonymous

I'm glad that is sorted for you. Once your old number has been ported, give it a few days for everything to settle down, then register for an online account here. That will enable you to manage most aspects of your account online, and also make it easier for CS to assist you if you have any problems.

Something which is well worth doing is giving an alternative contact number in addition to your mobile number; that means that any log-in security codes can be sent to that number if you need to access your account when you don't have your phone to hand. The messages can be sent to a landline as a voice-text, so it doesn't have to be another mobile number. I have seen anxieties expressed about spam going to the alternative number, but I have never experienced any such problem.

The whole shutdown of Talkmobile PAYG appears to be a fraud.  First, they have confiscated about £10 from my SIMs.  Second, they have sent me a Vodafone SIM with no credit or bundle on it, although, as the OP said, the packaging states that it is included. (Yes, I have tried phoning 2345.)Third, they have rendered my 2G phone unusable because it needs an unlock code to operate on any other netword, which Vodafone's Talkmobile appears incapable of supplying and Vodafone won't do it 'as I am not their customer'. So we now have a scrap 2G phone to send to landfill, another 2G phone operating on O2, and a nice new 3G phone operating on the Three network. Let's just add Vodafone to my short list of companies never to do business with again, and move on.