Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Freebie Data Question

Punkdaz
3: Seeker
So I've come to the end of my first month using a freebie data sim and have topped up several times during said month which according to texts will renew my data allowance for next month.

When will changes be made visable on the Vodafone app, how do I know that my allowance has been renewed?

I've received rewards points texts whenever I topped up and received a warning message to notify that my allowance was due to end and if I've topped up prior it will renew.

But I've received no conformation texts that my data is getting renewed, is it too early to expect anything as it was scheduled to end on the 19th Aug.
4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @Punkdaz

I find that this Vodafone Help and Support Link explains pretty well. 

Vodafone Freebies.

"Day 30.
Your Freebie allowance will expire after 30 days.

If you’ve topped up by £10 or more in the previous 30 days, you’ll qualify for more Freebie allowance for 30 days. We'll send a text to tell you how much this allowance is, and when it’ll expire.

We’ll also text you to remind you if you’ve topped up less than £10 in the previous 30 days. If you don’t top up, your Freebie won’t renew and you’ll pay our standard rates"

Sometimes Myvodafone can be a little delayed on showing the new allowances.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Punkdaz
Thanks for the reply!

So even though I've not been informed, the renewal has happened, its just the MyVodafone app takes a while to update to show changes?

When I ring 2345 it says I'm on a freebie data SIM, but doesn't say what my current allowance of data is, I take it this also takes time to update?

I know I've topped up enough this month having accumulated 350 rewards points for doing so, I just don't want to start using data today and end up getting charged £2 for doing so...

BandOfBrothers

Hey. 

For further clarification you could use Live Chat or dial 191 as they have access to your account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Hi @Punkdaz

If you dial 2345, it gives basic info at the first stage, but after that, choose Option 2, followed by Option 1, and by Option 1 again (truly!), and you should get the full details of your current Freebie.

Have you registered for an online account? If not, it's well worth doing so at http://www.vodafone.co.uk/myvodafone/faces/home - use the Register option, and have your phone to hand for security codes.

The online account is the best way to see the exact state of play on your account - I find it much easier to make sense of than either 2345 or the app. It certainly sounds as though all has probably gone to plan, but at you say, it's as well not to risk the £2 daily data charge!