Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Get promised refund

DaughterOfMum
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Refund of around £21 has been promised, phone calls been promised but nada - nothing.
My mother is over 80. She has a mobile phone but very rarely uses it. She went on holiday last year and my brother put £20 credit on her phone last August (2017) which she has never used.
Her home has absolutely zero mobile phone signal and she is the sort of elderly person who never puts her mobile phone on and has no idea how to use it either.
She had a long chat with a customer services person in January who said if she could give the last few digits of the card used to pay then ithe balance would be refunded. She did not have this to hand as it was my brother's card. He had just moved abroad so it took around 3 months for him to be able to get the details.

She had another long chat 6th April and having told the advisor of this, he did not ask for the card number and said he had raised the refund request and SOMEONE from vodafone would call within 4-5 days. and gave MY number because she has NO SIGNAL Naturally enough, NOONE called me.  She had another chat on 13th April and was told it was in for a refund and that she should phone 0333 number to chase progress.
As she is very hard of hearing, I did this and within a couple of minutes of hanging on it had eaten 10p of credit, thus I abandoned the call. (Otherwise it would probably have taken £20 just to keep hanging in mid air).
How long is this going to go on? I am concerned from what I have read on this forum that they will spin this out until 6 months goes by without her making a call and then they will just snaffle the £21 credit on her account.
Can any vodafone person kindly advise that this will not happen and when my brother's card will be credited back?

10 REPLIES 10

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@DaughterOfMum I'm sorry to hear about the situation and experience you've had regarding your mother's credit. We'll be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you 😊

So we can access your account and help you further, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.

Thanks.
Have submitted the text of the above.  (And just to confirm still nothing happened).

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Colleen's PM will have included a link to a form for you to complete. You must submit the form, rather than reply to the PM.

When you submitted the form, you should have received an automated email acknowledgement including a reference number something like #12345678 - did you receive an acknowledgement? If so, give the reference number here, so that one of the Forum team can track down your form and investigate.

Yes I submitted the form but have had no acknowledgement number.

@ToniCa wrote:

Colleen's PM will have included a link to a form for you to complete. You must submit the form, rather than reply to the PM.

When you submitted the form, you should have received an automated email acknowledgement including a reference number something like #12345678 - did you receive an acknowledgement? If so, give the reference number here, so that one of the Forum team can track down your form and investigate.

@DaughterOfMum Please let us know the date and time that you've sent the email and also if it was from the same address you've registered to the Community with.

We'll then check if we've got it. 😊

I don't understand.  I followed your link to a form in the private message you sent, completed the form and submitted it. I didn't send a separate email.

I haven't had an email from yourselves acknowledging receipt of the form.
Just filled out the form again (but didn't write all the ins and outs in it).

@DaughterOfMum - I understand this and we do want to help. Please let us know roughly the date and time you filled in the form. 

Today, around 230pm and the second form just now.
I tried sending you a further pm with my email address but it said it was a bad word and then when I tried again it said I'd sent too many pms and go away.

Not very user friendly.

Not had a reply to the second submitted form either.  Submitted about 20-25 minutes ago.

And yes, I have checked the junk folder.