Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Half of top-up immediately disappearing

Kirstykojo
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Can anyone explain why when I top up £10 it then tells me I have £6 odd remaining. Where does the £4 go? I haven’t even hung up the phone yet and it’s gone. It’s a rubbish £7 phone with no internet so it’s not data eating it. Thanks all.

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

May I ask which "£7" phone your using please @Kirstykojo

Even tho it's probably a feature phone they still have a mobile data connection which if turned On and you have no data allowance then it can use some of your Credit. 

That and sending long texts or ones with emoticons on can convert them to mms messages which costs. 

Your online myvodafone as well as your myvodafone app should be able to highlight charges. 

If not then Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and help you further with this situation. 

If needed please come back to the Community Forum where one of the Vodafone Social Media Team will be able to help you further with this situation if needed. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Kirstykojo

If this is the Alcatel 10.54 from the website for £7.50, the phone will only support GSM and definitely no data connection.

If you have a new PAYG connection with a new SIM and number, I am thinking along the lines of you using a recycled pre owned number where the original user had a reverse charge subscription which was never cancelled and as soon as you turned on your phone,  the £4.00 reverse charge was immediately taken.  Telephone numbers are recycled in general in the telecom industry, although numbers should be 'quarantined' to clear out any previous users data.

If you have an online account set up, you may be able to see the charge, there are also bars which can be enabled from the account to stop any reverse charges, I seem to remember Vodafone have a bar for unsolicited short code premium rate texts.  Unfortunately, without data you won't be able to have access to the My Vodafone phone application to enable you to keep track of any spending from your credit.

If this is correct, it needs to be stopped or you will continue to have the monthly £4.00 taken from your credit.  When your credit has been used, if the number is not important to you, a new SIM card may solve the problem.

The best thing to do is to use live chat or call Customer Services for account access, they will be able to look at the disappearing credit and advise accordingly.  However, if you would like the help of the Team here on the forum, please reply back.

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @Kirstykojo and I apologise for any inconvenience that this is causing 🤔

We'll be more than happy to investigate further, so we can find out where your credit's going. So we can do this, I've popped you a private message over with details on how to get in touch with us directly.