cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I find out details of which Sims I have used and when?

User1402
2: Seeker
I'm trying to unlock a phone but I only just found out about the 30 day rule. I have had 4 or so Sims from Vodafone for about 30 days and the phone (which was a replacement from Apple). But I have no idea which ones I put in the phone and when ...they have been take out put in other phones etc. Over this period... What are the rules? No one seems to be able to advise me. I am not sure if I can just keep trying filling the unlock form trying the various Sims each time...I also don't know if you put a SIM in 30 days back then took it out for the rest of the time and using other Sims in the phone etc....does that count? I got the Sims online sent to my address but I'm not sure if im registered as such as well? Eeek!
10 REPLIES 10

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)

@User1402 Realistically, I think you'll find it simpler just to get a new SIM with a £10 Big Value Bundle, or apply a Big Value Bundle to one of your present SIMs, and use the phone with that SIM for 30 days, making a number of calls, sending a few texts and using a bit of data. Then, after 30 days, the phone's IMEI will be truly associated with the SIM, Vodafone will have its required proof that you are the regular user of the phone, and they'll be able to request the unlock from Apple.

You might find that Vodafone has already made an association between the phone and one of the present SIMs, but equally you could just waste time trying to get that sorted out, and end up having to buy a £10 BVB and start the 30 days in any case. 

User1402
I bought the phone to sell on :Sad_face: I've had it 30 odd days now another 30 just seems pointless. I guess no one knows then about any of this stuff. You would think someone's in the driver's seat with it being such a big company and all 😛 ...and no spending more money as well.

So the one about filling out that form ... I can just do it over and over without any problems I assume...I'll try all the Sims and then give up....

Annie_N

If you've had 4 SIMs on the go simultaneously, I'd have thought that you were the one in the driver's seat? In order to make money by buying phones in order to sell them on, it's probably as well to discover the ground rules of the business you want to engage in.

User1402
Ok so where do I discover the 'ground rules' show me where Vodafone shows the ground rules about the 30 day rule. Weather you can put a SIM in then take it out etc. ! Where do I learn about that except the way it has happened. That is why I am here and yes you need to have multiple SIMs to test multiple phones I thought you could of worked that one out! I've been through 4 or so phone calls 3 live chats and now here.

I just hope there is someone who actually knows how it all works somewhere out there :Sad_face: ...

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

There's a link here for the NUC policy and form:

http://support.vodafone.co.uk/Using-our-network/Network-unlock-codes/81196967/How-do-I-unlock-my-Vod...

If you contact the customer services team (or wait on the Tech team here) they should be able to advise you (if you have fully registered a PAYG sim with them and can pass the relevant security checks) when that particular sim was activated/started use with the imei in question.  Otherwise it may be a case of taking note of when you start the 30 day period with a new sim card and taking it from there.  

Hope this is of some help. 🙂

User1402
Thanks but yes that's the form but not the info...can I fill it out multiple times without a problem? And the other stuff I'll leave for now I guess if no one knows...Tnx

forumfairy
13: Advanced Member

The link gives information about the process.  

If you complete the form for the same imei a number of times you are potentially facing an issue with this being flagged up by fraud.  I would suggest monitoring one noted sim card within the phone for 30 days and then requesting an unlock as being the easiest process.

Annie_N

User1402
Ah ok if the fraud flagging is certain then that's a problem. Is that written down anywhere? I did hear something about 3 unlock codes a year but I guess that's after you get the code. So still stuck unless I go 30 more days like you say...would that have to be a used SIM (credit , phone calls etc...) or just get one and stick it in? I might see if Apple have any ideas too...