Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I register a new debit card on 2345

Harry-draf
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

How do I register a new debit card on 2345 after my old one has expired?

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

If you cannot find anything in the choices in 2345 or in your myvodafone then use Live Chat or support on 191 and they'll help you @Harry-draf 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

It's a lot of messing about for what should be a simple thing.

has the  service  changed as     now there seems to be  no option to  change/update  you registerd debit card  number  with vodaphone; I have had to resort to speaking  to customer   services  to get mine  changed; ;; if you have managed to do it manually please explain  how you did it  so others can benefit from your expertise ; thanks 

You have to enter 2345 press 1 for top up , then just hold on till you get an adviser

ask them to reset your PIN number . Then redial 2345 press 1 for top up , 

put in new PIN number.. Add you top up amount , then follow instuctions for registering your new card ... It's not too difficult , takes a few minutes and your there , good luck 

I have spent  most of this morning   trying to sort this;  the phone I am trying to sort out is  NOT a smart phone but a  simple payg phone that is NOT internet  capable   ; if memory serves the last time I had to change a  debit card on it, admittedly many years ago it was a  relatively simple procedure  where I think I did dial 2345 and  kept selecting options to get me to the one to add or change a  debit card ; IF I have to actually speak with  someone they should not need to know the security code on the reverse should they as they did ask for it   and for security reasons I have cancelled that new card and a  new  replacement card is on the way to start again .  Has  the  system for  adding a new card changed as i distinctly recall it being far easier the last time ;

I had thought to try to wait until the  old card expires so that the system would NEED a  new  number  to  get any money  from me ;is that a  possibility?

I have already topped it up with sufficient funds  pro temp but  I do wonder what the actual way forward with this is ;any suggestions as to  has the system changed?

I managed to find a way around this on my  NON smart phone; the  system asks you to  do an update  of money with a known  debit card ; what I finally did was to   ask it to update  with a  card I knew was out of date;  the system  then  allowed me to   press 9 to  get to register a  new debit card without   speaking  to anyone and that included  giving my security number; 

So far so good !!!!