Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How do I switch off roaming on PAYG?

MIKEBT
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/webcenter/portal/myvodafone/pages_manageservices/managegoingabroad

There are several major ambiguities on this web page.

Ambiguity #1 Bars

Turn bars on and off to control how your phone or device is used - and how much you spend.

[Is the "bar" referred to the small display bar on the phone screen, or is a barring mechanism that will block calls and messages? The presence of a bar on my display usually means I can make/receive calls, but a bar on my phone means I'm barred from making/receiving calls. The ambiguity would be removed by simply stating, e.g. The bar is the symbol on your phone display ][But if it really is the bar on the display, then this contradicts with Making calls and sending texts while abroad - Find out more -To stop being able to make calls or send text messages from your phone while you're abroad, turn the bar on. 

Ambiguity #2   Calling and texting while outside the UK

Stop your phone from receiving calls and texts while you're outside the UK
[ reponse options: yes or no ]
[Do the "yes/no" options refer to stopping the service or enabling the service, i.e. am I saying in response "Yes, stop the receiving of calls" or am I saying "No, I don't want to receive calls" ?]
[The ambiguity would be removed by simply asking a direct, closed question, e.g. Do you want to stop your phone from receiving calls and texts while you're outside the UK?]

Ambiguity #3 Find out more
To stop calls being made and received - and texts sent and received - on your phone while you're outside the UK, turn the bar on.
[ so do "on" and "off" correspond to "yes" and "no" response options above, or is it the other way round? ]
[The ambiguity would be removed by simply asking a direct, closed question, e.g. Do you want to turn the bar off?][assuming you know what bar means (a display icon or barring/blocking]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @MIKEBT - We'd be happy to clear this up for you 😊

1. 'Bar' is referring to any bars that can be placed or removed on your account that can restrict or limit your services, such as a Spend Manager bar.

2. If you chose 'Yes' then you will be selecting to stop your phone from receiving calls and texts while you're outside the UK.

3. If you opt to turn this bar 'on' this will stop calls being made and received - and texts send and received - your phone while you're outside the UK.

View solution in original position

1 REPLY 1

Evie
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hey there @MIKEBT - We'd be happy to clear this up for you 😊

1. 'Bar' is referring to any bars that can be placed or removed on your account that can restrict or limit your services, such as a Spend Manager bar.

2. If you chose 'Yes' then you will be selecting to stop your phone from receiving calls and texts while you're outside the UK.

3. If you opt to turn this bar 'on' this will stop calls being made and received - and texts send and received - your phone while you're outside the UK.