main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

How do I transfer a Pay As You Go number to a new owner without a credit check?

2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I want to transfer a Pay As You Go phone number on my account to my daughter, but I can only find a form that transfers a number and a contract together. This triggers a credit check for her, which should not be necessary as there is no contract involved.

How do I transfer a Pay As You Go number to a new owner without incurring an unnecessary credit check for the new owner, please? 

View more options
2 REPLIES 2
17: Community Champion

Credit checks are only required for a Pay Monthly type contract @JEB not a Payg.

Is there any reason why your daughter cannot just use the number and you add her as a named person authorised to use the account ?

Does it need to be in her name? 

Or contact 191 or Live or the Vodafone Social Media Team's via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and ask if they can change the name of the account holder on the Payg account.

Current Phone > Samsung Note 20 Ultra 5G - SM9860 Snapdragon.

Samsung One Ui 2.5  / Android 10.

View more options
17: Community Champion

Hi @JEB 

I would have thought the easiest way of doing this would be online through the My Vodafone online account settings.

You will be able to change the user log in name and password, you will also be able to change the memorable information and PIN to something memorable for your Daughter to remember under login details.  There should also be other information you are able to change.

The other way would be to port out to any other network and back in on a new PAYG number, this will cancel the number on the account and leave your Daughter free to open a new online account fully in her name.  You can get the PAC by text by texting PAC to 65075.  

Any problems, live chat are there to answer questions as are the Social Team.

View more options