cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to Stop Vodafone Automatically turning credit into big value bundle on new sim

sony251
1: Seeker

on a new sim purchased from a late shop store, I opted into vodafone international freebee by calling 4351. once i recived the text that I have been opted into international freebee bundle and now I have to topup in order to recieve my minutes, I applied my vouchet topup.

However the strange part of this is Vodafone apparently are forcing customers into Big value bundle. after topping up my top up value was turned into Big value bundle were it should have opted into international freebee in first place and I should have still had my top up value

does any one know on a new sim, how to avoid vodafone automatically turn the topup into big value bundle?

also I have to mention before topping up I checked by calling 2345, there was no big value bundle active on the new sim

3 REPLIES 3

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @sony251

Please see the support link below.

How can I stop my Big Value Bundle Automatically Renewing?

You should also be able to cancel through your online account.  As soon as your ongoing bundle is cancelled, you will be able to opt into the international freebee.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @sony251

It can seem sometimes that the Big Bundle option is the preferred option for most but not all. 

If you get stuck then customer service on 191 or Live Chat can help you too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

Once you've received a text confirming that your opt-in to a Freebie is active, a £10 top-up should automatically trigger that Freebie. If it triggered a BVB instead, something went wrong on your account. I'd recommend Live Chat as the better way to get help, as they've sorted that sort of muddle out for me in the past. And you can request a transcript at the end of the discussion, so that you have a record of what has been said.