Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to buy a phone online?

alanterr
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

This sounds like a stupid question but how do I buy a phone online?. I've found the phone I want , put it in the basket but I can't get any further. When I click on 'go to secure checkout' it says I can save time by going to express checkout. Clicking on that brings up the same page as before but with 'Sorry we cannot log you in to express checkout at the moment, please use the form below'. So I fill in all my details, click on 'Continue' and it it asks me to re-enter my first name and last name. I do that and it asks me to enter my first name and last name over and over again and won't let me continue. Tried phoning Vodaphone but there's no option for sales queries -tried selecting pay as you go and it gave me my balance and told me it would charge me 25p if I continued further. And the 'chat now' option says 'all out sales advisors are offline' even though I'm well within their opening hours. How do I proceed?

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

You of course should be able to do this online. 

Try clearing your caches and cookies and or try another browser. 

I did see a while ago that a person had to choose a SIM card with the payg phone for it to go ahead. 

Regarding Live Chat - Try browsing on the shop page and choose a highend smartphone and this sometimes invokes the chat window. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I tried Chrome and got stuck at a different point -it got to the setup an account bit and then wouldn't accept my name because that name was already in use (by me!).

So I tried clicking on a more expensive phone as you suggested and the chat now box popped up immediately! I've spent the best part of an hour with the chat person -tried three browsers and two bank cards. It seem that although i've already got a 'my vodaphone' account, I have to create a new one to place an order (for a phone without a SIM as I'm transferring my exisiting card), so now I've got two accounts and one phone number. I've never known it so difficult to place an order. I ended up placing the order five times before it would accept the order. The answer might be -go to your local shop, but I went there this afternoon and the phone (smart first 6) shown at £20 online was priced at £50 in the shop so I came home again to order online.

BandOfBrothers

Hi

Glad the tip worked regarding browsing the shop for the Chat Window. 

Certainly sounds not good at having to create another account to order and must be a glitch or we'd be seeing more posts here I'm sure !

I'm not surprised you wanted to order online due to the price difference. I would have broached the subject with the store manager. Although Online Sales and Store sales are different Departments sometimes they 'do' something for you :smileywink:

Enjoy your new phone when it arrives. 

Take care and hope to see you around the forum. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.