Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to cancel before 30 days up

Branti
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

While visiting the UK I bought a £10 Big Value Bundle & sim card for my unlocked phone.  Now back home in Canada, I've removed the sim card from Vodafone.  How do I cancel before the 30 days are up?  I received a text yesterday (September 26th) from Vodafone saying I needed to do something within the next 3 days or they would roll over into the next month & charge my credit card accordingly.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Did you set up auto top up payments with Vodafone UK I assume @Branti

If you've never given your credit card details to Vodafone then they wont be able to use it. 

I'm also asking as Vodafone UK need a Uk based card to use I believe for top ups. 

I note you reside in Canada.

If you need to use Live Chat or ring them via the abroad number in  Contact-us.

Your Credit Card issuer / Bank may also be able to help.

This is a recent similar thread > Pay-as-you-go/Cannot-cancel-auto-top-up.

There is no need to cancel the account/ number as non usage for 180 days + another 90 days will result in Vodafone suspending the account and closing it down. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

Have you definitely understood the SMS correctly? This is the text of the second reminder I received a few days back, about the renewal of my £5 BVB (I had received a very similar one earlier referring to it running out in 3 days, but I've not retained it): 

Hello. This is to let you know that your current £5 Big Value Bundle runs out tomorrow. We'll then try to take payment for your next bundle using your credit. To automatically renew your Big Value Bundle and roll over any unused minutes and data, make sure you've got at least £5 credit. To check your balance or top up call 2345 free from your Vodafone mobile or head to the My Vodafone App, visit https://vodafone.co.uk/myvf/app. To opt out call 2345. Terms apply.

This talks about using my credit, rather than my credit card. You might conceivably have set up an auto top-up on a UK card, but it's a bit of a palaver, and I don't think you could do it accidentally. Also, I'm reasonably sure the auto top-ups are on a set day of month, or at set intervals, rather than "on demand".

I believe that, when your BVB expires, Vodafone's system will spend 7 days checking from time to time that you haven't got an adequate balance for renewal. When you don't top up within 7 days, it gives up, and leaves it up to you to make the next move. If you don't do anything more for 180 days, it should then generate a warning text saying that you have 90 days to top up and use your phone, and after those 90 days, it shuts down the SIM, and ultimately recycles the number.