Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to set up Auto Topup on PAYG

CDK
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Greetings

I have a Vodafone PAYG Sim in my car GPS tracker.

Trying to set up Auto Top-Up which would top-up when balance goes below a certain limit.

Been frustratingly round and round on the My Vodafone account website and cant find anything about it.

Asking "Tobi" is completely useless.

I presume it can be done.

My friend has one on his Gif-Gaf PAYG Sim and has advised me to change to that. 

Surely Vodafone has a similar system? 

Getting a more than a bit fedup and tempted to change.

Any help would be appreciated

6 REPLIES 6

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

If this is still available then it could be via calling 2345 @CDK 

Edit.

Automatic Top Up is covered in https://www.vodafone.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/ 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

HI

Thanks for your answer.

The Sim is in my GPS tracker - I cannot make calls without removing it from the tracker and I wont see any answers or notifications they send to it either.

So does that mean that I have to move to another company like Gif-gaf who do have auto topup on their PAYG ? 

Regards

BandOfBrothers

The primary advice on the Terms and Conditions concerning Automatic Top up is to call that number however you could try through Live Chat or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries  @CDK 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Yes @CDK Vodafone do auto top up. This information can be found on the FAQ's link How to top up here Vodafone Top up 

The problem is it doesn't work the same way as the network you are mentioning, with Vodafone you choose how often you would like to top up.

If you are using PAYG, you probably have a monthly Big Value Bundle to take care of the data use, with PAYG 1 it would be far too expensive.

4Sites
1: Seeker

You're not wrong at all. It is nigh-on impossible if my experience is anything to go by. I've devoted an hour and a half to a Vodafone representative on the chat service, and carefully explained what I wanted. Vodafone however has been extremely evasive and shifty about this service which is vital if you have kids and don't want them to find that Vodafone has left them in the lurch with no phone service just when they might rely on it, despite my best efforts to arrange and pay for a simple procedure like "automatic top up". If you search "automatic top up" on Google, you see a preview of a Vodafone page explaining how this is possible. In the blurb it starts to show you how to do it. Click through the link however, and it disappears, replaced by an "updated" page with this useful information removed. It must have been hurting Vodafone's profits or something because it no longer seems possible to do. Now I've got to unlearn all our Vodafone numbers and bin the SIM cards, lose the credit I've bought, and switch to a less devious operator who makes this service simple. All that just because I can't afford the risk of one of our phones being cut off because the credit has run out... Unbelievable.

Hey @4Sites I hope you're well and having a lovely day so far! I'm sorry to hear that the link hasn't worked for you. If you pop the link that you used over to me I can get this raised with the relevant team so we can update it.

As per our Pay as You Go Top Up page here you can set up an automatic top up by doing the following:

'Just download the My Vodafone app and choose Top up from the main menu and select Auto Top up.

Alternatively, you can call 18829 (free from your Vodafone Pay as you go mobile) from the mobile you want to register and make your initial top up. Then choose how often you want your top up to automatically activate - weekly, monthly or every 30 days.'

If you need any further help with this, please drop our Social Media team a message here so they can securely access your account and help get this set up for you.