Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

How to stop spam texts from Vodafone?

markedmonds
3: Seeker
3: Seeker

I've recently switched to Vodafone pay as you go and the signal seems good but I hate receiving all the spam texts from Vodafone about Rewards and Big Bundles.

I've tried sending STOP to the number they specify (9774). I've tried sending STOP ALL. No confirmation reply and nothing changes.

I've even tried forwarding the texts to the number Vodafone has (7726) for tracking and helping with spam, but it wasn't able to help me either.

If anyone can help with stopping these texts then I would be grateful :Smiling: Then I can go back to just receiving texts about things I care about.

41 REPLIES 41

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Apologies for the delay in reaching your post @sjcollins. Our team on 191 or our Live Chat team will be able to assist in removing your number from our marketing.

Please let us know how you get on after speaking with them.

Natasha,

Thanks for the response. I had already tried live chat 3 times (now 4 times) and 191 twice. What makes you think it will be different this time?

Vodafone already have my details and the record of the live chats, and are aware that I do not wish to receive ANY marketing texts. They should also be aware by now that sending STOP does not work, so my next contact will be with tthe ICO (https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/texts/).

Carly
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@sjcollins

Sorry to hear the text messages haven't stopped.

I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch so we can look into this for you.

Thanks for that tip Annie_N - texting STOP to 27822 has actually resulted in a reply text which says I have now opted out! I've never had any replies from texting STOP to 9774 which is the number all the texts themselves mention, so hopefully this will have worked. I'm surprised no one at Vodafone support ever mentioned the 27822 number to me in all my contacts with them.

Foxtrot47
1: Seeker
I am experiencing the exact same issue as this poor guy here. I'm receiving upward of 30 spam messages a day from Vodafone. If Vodafone were a person this would constitute harassment. O__O

The 'stop texts' number categorically fails every time. I don't actually believe the number exists.

Either I get these messages stopped or I leave Vodafone because it's pretty appalling being constantly bombarded with these texts; it really is that simple.

Incidentally, I did try to collect my so called 'rewards' points just once, and it failed to work. After that I have up. As soon as I can afford a new phone I'll be switching back to O2 again. Meantime I would like some help with this.

I had also better not now start receiving tons of spam to my email address, now that I've registered to use this forum.

Thanks.

Sukhi
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Foxtrot47

I can imagine that this must be rather annoying. Live Chat will be able to check and make sure that your Marketing Preferences have been turned off

Sukhi,

Please read the earlier posts:-

sending STOP does not work.

191 does not work.

Live chat does not work (helpful; yes, understanding; yes, completely useless; yes.)

There was another text on the 26th January, but fortunately nothing since, althought the two emails I sent to Johan ##>## may have had something to do with that. 

Don't keep asking people to jump through hoops- just fix the problems!

[MOD EDIT: This post has been edited to remove off topic content please see community guidelines]

Amanda
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting back to us @sjcollins

We'll need to check your account, to see what's happening. 

Please get in touch, following the instructions we've sent you in a private message.

Thanks,  

Kosar -v- Bank of Scotland Plc (T/A Halifax) - 2011 established that harassment can be committed by a company as well as an individual.  Under the Interpretation Act 1978, a 'person' includes a body corporate unless the contrary is shown.

Amberf
1: Seeker

Is anyone able to tell me what the number is that Vodafone send these texts from?

I was having the same problem so blocked the number. But now I need to receive a new security code via text so need to unblock it. Vodafone customer services have been unable to tell me what the number the text should be coming from is! 

Thanks