Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

I'm back with Vodafone

shaunmylamb
4: Newbie

I'm back vodafone from my previous Carrier, due to network issues.

Confused as to why PAYG or Big Bundles offer more airtime, txts and data than a contract sim. IE £10.00 for 150mins, unlimited txts and 500mb of data with payg and with a contract sim £12.50 you get less.

But I intend when my last Carrier sorts its network coverage for my address I will move back having a far better deal for airtime, txts and data allowances for half the amount of either of Vodafone's packages.

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

I've not checked yet the details of the tariff you mention but the benefit of a full contract is the inclusion of a phone. 

Deals ls and tariffs can change quite quickly. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

thanks,

That's all well and good with a full contract to have a phone etc.

But a few people don't want a new phone and pay more for the privilege of that and whatever the add-ons are Air time/txts/data.

I'm quite happy with my IOS 4s as it does near enough or better than some phones on contract.

But still PAYG offers more for the pound with a sim only.

The iPhone 4s is an awesome stable phone. :Smiling:

I choose Payg too for my own reasons. 

However perks such as Calling Over Wifi is one reason to go with a contract over Payg. 

12 month Sim only contracts do have slightly better deals than the 30 day Pay Monthly Contract too. 

Current Phone  >

I'm sorry to differ,

As advertised a 12mth contract sim is £12.00 with 500MB data, 500mins and no texts

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/

Most of my usage is texts and data with occasional calls but varies month to month.

@shaunmylamb wrote:

I'm sorry to differ,

As advertised a 12mth contract sim is £12.00 with 500MB data, 500mins and no texts

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/sim-only-deals/

Most of my usage is texts and data with occasional calls but varies month to month.

Hi @shaunmylamb

Within the link you kindly provided have you pressed the 'i' at the far right of the Bundle information. 

This explains what's included. Looks like texts are. 

As stated on the link too "All our bundles come with unlimited UK texts"

I think your looking at the roaming part of the Bundle which is using the service while outside the Uk. 

Current Phone  >