Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Itemised usage shows texts to my own number

sgreybe
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
Does anyone know why the itemised usage on my account shows numerous texts to my own number? According to the itemised usage, there have been 14 texts to my own number? I didn't text my own number, and I have only called voicemail once, and even if it was voicemail, that should show up as a call, not a text, surely?
3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi

Coukd have then been some kind of accident. 

It could also be your SIM card playing up which if it continues you could have sim swapped. 

If your worried then I'd suggest calling customer service on 191 or from a computer use live chat as hey have account access and can check things for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Retired-Viki_R
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

Hello sgreybe, 

For help with this issue please speak to us via Live Chat here so we can look into this for you further.

Thanks,

Viki. 

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@sgreybe Nothing to worry about! All incoming texts are shown as texts sent to your own number. There used to be a separate column, showing the number they were sent from, but that wasn't very meaningful, as it often just gave the SMS Centre number, so I guess that was why it was discontinued.

So all the texts you apparently sent to yourself include messages from friends, but also all the routine stuff from Vodafone, telling you that your bundle is due to expire, acknowledging your topup, dealing with Rewards Points, confirming that your new bundle has started. All the boring stuff that you hardly notice!!

They don't count against the text allowance included in your bundle. They are perfectly normal - the only time to start worrying is if you have been charged for one of them, in which case you need to compare the time stamps on your incoming texts with the time stamp on the charge, and think about whether you were expecting that particular text.