cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Lost my SIM wallet with PUK and PIN in (Vodafone ES)

JustThatPhone
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Last year, I bought a phone in Spain. I got home and now it asks me for my PUK code. I recently threw away the card that has the PIN and PUK number on. This phone is a Spanish sim by the way.:Smiling:

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @JustThatPhone 

Vodafone Spain is a separate company and network and with the phone being PUK locked to Vodafone Spain, this means you are going to need the help of Vodafone Spain for this.

The PUK is SIM related and this is going to mean asking Vodafone Spain for a new SIM which does not need to be the same number. Understandably if you are now in the UK there will be problems getting a Vodafone Spain SIM to use the PUK code.

The official information from Vodafone UK for the PUK code you need from Vodafone Spain to access the phone is here: My phone is asking for a PUK. What do I do?

Please see this link from Vodafone Spain to recover your PUK https://ayudacliente.vodafone.es/particulares/sim-pin-y-puk/pin-y-puk/

BandOfBrothers

Hi @JustThatPhone 

As the two Vodafone Networks are not linked Vodafone UK cannot provide the Puk or unlock the phone to all networks.

You're choices if wanting to use a UK Sim Card are probably.....

Check what unlocking criteria the Spanish Vodafone Network implement to unlock and you may need to send the phone back to someone you know in Spain to unlock it and then send it back to you as Nuc usually only work if your in the country of the phones origin.

Or

See if a Highstreet Store in the UK that advertises they unlock phones can help which would come at a fee to you.

Or

Sell the phone and use the funds to buy another.

Also be aware software updates and security updates could be slow or non existent at coming through as they'd usually be sent out by the network its locked to even if you got it unlocked. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi, thanks for letting me know, the only problem is, this phone is a Sony Ericsson P910i from the jurassic age of 2004, so it might be hard to unlock, and I don't want to sell it due to it being part of my collection.

Thanks once again for the response,

JustThatPhone.

Right, I have a Voda Spain locked SIM but I am not in Spain. My question is, can I use this phone with a Voda UK SIM in it, and if so, how can you find the PIN number on it (UK sim).

Cheers! :Winking_smiley:

AnnS

Hi @JustThatPhone 

It depends if the phone is unlocked or locked to Vodafone ES. If the phone is SIM locked to Vodafone ES, you will need to get the code from them or use an online unlocking service.

The problem you are going to have is with the phone dating back to 2004, and Sony Ericsson no longer merged, the unlock code may not be available. 

You were also enquiry about a PUK code in your earlier posts. Before the phone can be unlocked, you would to unlock the SIM by using the PUK code from Vodafone ES. 

Phones supplied by a network are typically locked to that network @JustThatPhone 

As the two Vodafone networks are not linked a Vodafone UK sim wont be accepted in to a phone supplied directly by that other Vodafone company.

I wouldn't personally suggest to use online unlocking sites as these can fail and or the unlocking does not work and a refund is sometimes hard to achieve.

I suggest to use a Highstreet Store that advertises they unlock phones.

Best process of elimination is to try it.  

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.