Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Marketing texts

Ianhoyland
4: Newbie

How do I stop being inundated by unwanted vodaphone marketing texts on my vodafone 785. Some of which are offers which have expired by 10 months.  I have rung e-mailed and written to vodafone on many occassions, but to no avail!!!!!!

18 REPLIES 18

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi,

Usually doing what you have already is enough to stop them. 

Perhaps try Live Chat and keep a copy of the transcript. 

Look in your phones features to see if there is a text blocking function to stop them that way too. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I have already tried ALL of these methods of communication and been promised ON MANY occasons that they would stop - and that I would receive compensation for all hassle - guess what no result or compensation (see Trust Pilot for full story).  Been into the local shop, but was told that I needed to speak to HQ.

I have EVEN gone to another provider and even changed the number - NO CHANGE!!!!  So it has to be something written into the OS of the phone.

Short of buying a new (non-vodafone) phone, I am at a loss what to do next!!!!  Truly dreadful service!!!!!

Having sent previous requests for assistance regarding Vodafone marketing texts, I have done some further eading both on this site and on the internet in general.

I would like to confirm the following: -

1) Live chat is a waste of time.  I have been given MANY promises thazt this would be sorted  - only for nothing to happen.

2) E-mails to Customer services are a waste of time.

3) letters to HQ (x2) prompt a phone call promising to resolve and compensation. Result - NOTHING!!!!!!!!!

4) Promises made on the phone are then later denied (they supposedly have no record of the conversation).  In the end I have refused to talk to them on the phone, as at least I had some evidence with e-mails.

5) Shop staff can't/won't help.

Vodafone obviously know that this is a serious  problem, but simply refuse to deal with it.  

If readers want to go on trustPilot, they will discover that all these problems are typical of Vodafone's response to customer complaints - JUST IGNORE THEM !!!

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ianhoyland Have you tried texting STOP to 9774? This should stop any marketing-related calls from us, this can be seen here

If this doesn't work, please contact our team via the information in the private message I've sent.

Our team would be more than happy to get this resolved for you and I apologise for the inconvenience you've had trying to get this sorted. 

Update - having got a private message from the Social Escalation Team, now the fun really starts.!!!!!!

Advice - try one of their text numbers with the word STOP. Me - I reminded them I have tried all commonly known remedies!!

Advice - I need to register before they can do anything, as I am not known to the system. Me - I remind them that I did register when first setting up the phone. On trying my security details however I am supposedly not now registered.  Further more I can't get a security verification number used to re-register the phone, as I keep unsuccessfully going round and round on various phone options.

I have now given the problem back to the team to sort out!!!!

I cannot believe other than that Vodafone are DELIBERATELY being  onstructive/unhelpful!!!! Surely they can't be really this incompetent.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Ianhoyland I'm sorry to see this is ongoing, however our team will be happy to help resolve this for you.

As you've mentioned the team have requested you to register your account, you'd need to visit your nearest store with photographic ID and proof of address.

Once you've done this, please update the team by responding to their latest email and they'll be able to complete security and get this sorted for you.

Thank you for your input - thanks for also suggesting that several forms of ID would be needed. Regrettably, no one else had bothered to tell give me this important piece of information!!!

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

No problem @Ianhoyland. Please do keep us updated once this is completed and we can get this resolved for you :smileyhappy:

Hi

I have been into the Bangor Vodafone shop this morning.  although the member of staff was helpful, your computer system  was 'down'.  Having supplied my ID proof, I  therefore left them to sort outr my registration as and when they were able to get 'on line'.

The plan was that they would send me an e-mail when the registration had been successfully completed.

I have not heard anything yet, so am unclear as to whether the computer is still down, or they have just not let me know what the situation is!!!!

PAUSE FOR SIGH OF FRUSTRATION!!!!!