cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile Data and Vodafone App won't work on new phone (Same Sim / New Iphone)

joelythgoe9
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi I got a new iphone 6s+ for christmas and i changed my sim from an Xperia to this new phone. Right before christmas I purchased a £10 bundle hoping it will move over.

On the new phone when it asks for the wifi to be turned off and mobile data to be turned on for it to activate it does nothing and waits a while.

The mobile data has not turned on once since the new phone so that may be the problem otherwise its the application. Is there some other steps that are needed to be done to turn on the mobile data or setup on an Ios compared to android?

Thanks for the help

(also this isnt the account I purchased on, my mum runs the account however she can't find details so I made this to ask for help)

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @joelythgoe9

Is mobile data turned On in the phones settings ?

Do calls and texts work ?

Any account based help will need to be requested by the account holder.

Who supplied you the iPhone?

Set-up-your-phone-for-internet

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi

@bandsofbrothers

The data is on in the settings, calls and texts work but the data isn't actually working.

Also I think it was a second hand phone from a shop, my mum got it for christmas. The shop assured it all works

AnnS

Hi @joelythgoe9

As you are PAYG, you need to make sure pp (pre paid) is selected on your phone settings.  The best way to get the correct carrier setting on your iphone is by synchronising the phone to your icloud account, this way the correct data settings will immediately be installed on the phone.

The previous owner should have erased any icloud identity before selling on the phone.

I've just called 2345 and found out im still on the bundle, turns out the mobile data isn't working. Does anyone know how to fix this? It says its on but nothing will connect? Any settings i have to change?

AnnS

Hi @joelythgoe9

I don't quite know how much further it's possible to help you,  You have the link, you have been advised to synchronise to itunes and to select prepaid on your data settings. Apart from checking your phone data application to make sure there is no restriction, there is no reason for you being unable to get the data working.  Presumably, you have tried in alternative locations and made sure there are no network issues at your home location.

The best way forward is to take the phone into a Vodafone Store, they will be able to look at the phone and may suggest trying a replacement new SIM card.  Alternatively go to an Apple Store, you may need to make a booking to speak to someone at Apple.

Even if you are unable to use the network data, you should still be able to use your WiFi connection, you will probably need to enter the network key password into the phone settings for your home connection.