Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data in Stockholm

hrross
1: Seeker

Why is mobile data not available in Stockholm? I have a Big value bundle and Euro traveller but no access despite having credit available.

5 REPLIES 5

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hello @hrross

Welcome to the Community

Did you receive a welcome text from Vodafone when you arrived?

If you enabled roaming on your PAYG account before leaving the UK, you should not have any problem making a connection but it cannot be guaranteed.

I got the text like every other country. Had no problems in France,Spain,Italy, Belgium, Austria, Hungary, Germany, Netherlands, Iceland or Norway. Just in Stockholm.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @hrross

Welcome me to the eforum as a new customer. We are fellow customers here too. 

Is there any data symbols showing in your phones status bar at all ?

Is Mobile Data definitely turned on in your phones settings. 

Check in your Myvodafone that no Data Bars have been applied. 

Perhaps the Network your latched to is having issues itself.

Maybe check to see if there is a Online Mast Checker for the Network your latched to.

Try manually re selecting another available Network. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

I can't access on line chat and the triangle with the exclamation mark in it tells me, "you have lost data connectivity because yo". Under the heading data roaming. Tapping it takes me to mobile network settings. I can't access the rest of the message.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

EuroTraveller for PAYG doesn't utilise your UK data allowance, but gives you 100MB of data to use on any day on which you trigger the £3 daily charge. Provided you have an adequate balance for the £3 to be deducted from, I can't think of any very obvious reason for this.

Presumably you haven't used up the 100MB for the day? But, even if you had, you would simply be charged the OOB rate for any additional data you used.

The only other thing I can think of is a problem with the network in Sweden, but there don't seem to have been other reports of this. Have you tried switching to a different local network to see if you have better luck with that?