Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Mobile data not working,

Emilias
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hey.

I have a 10 punds big value bandle (the SIM was bought in UK and Im travelling in Germany)..

For some reason, I cant use the SIM data (calls and SMSs do work properly).

I did change the APN of the device to "Vodafone Internet" as instructed in another page. Mobile data is on, roaming is on as well.

Any ideas?

I would apprecicate any help as I'm fighting my device for quite a long time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Emilias

Your APN is incorrect.  You need PAYG WAP, it should be pp.vodafone.co.uk.

The easiest way is to text WEB to 40127.  Please also refer to the device guides on the link below.

How do I set up my phone for internet?

However, as you are not in the UK and not on the local network there may be a problem calling the short code number from Germany but you may be able to enter the APN manually.  If this does not work you will need to wait until you are next in the UK.

@Emilias

It's only the short code number where there would be a problem texting, short codes don't generally work when you are on a roaming network.  All other SMS's should work.

View solution in original position

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS

Hi @Emilias

Your APN is incorrect.  You need PAYG WAP, it should be pp.vodafone.co.uk.

The easiest way is to text WEB to 40127.  Please also refer to the device guides on the link below.

How do I set up my phone for internet?

However, as you are not in the UK and not on the local network there may be a problem calling the short code number from Germany but you may be able to enter the APN manually.  If this does not work you will need to wait until you are next in the UK.

@Emilias

It's only the short code number where there would be a problem texting, short codes don't generally work when you are on a roaming network.  All other SMS's should work.

I swear I tested both, but after you wrote I changed for PAYG WAP and now it works..

SMS with WEB to 40127 doesnt work though, and I dont know why as other SMSs are working. Any idea?

Thanks a lot AnnS.

Francesca06
1: Seeker

My sim is not working my roaming data are on but is wtrote no service on the left of my screen

Loz
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@Francesca06 I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty with you service whilst roaming, I understand how frustrating and unsatisfying this must be. To refresh your connection, have you tried performing a manual roam? You can see how to do this on our device guide. Please let me know how you get on.