Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Money Gone

SRC6
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Recently, I've had my data turned on, only using data I have.

Then I decided to top up, as my bundle runs out soon, now, I understand that it's £2 for 50mb of data, which has been taken from me(the £3).

The catch is, I DID have the data, I used reward points to get data, which was all going perfectly fine, until I got message explaining that I have had money taken off.

I'm not very happy about this, as it was money for my next bundle, and would like a refund, or at the very least, an explanation.

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi @SRC6

If it wasn't at all possible that you exhausted the Data you had left causing extra charges then I would suggest to call Customer services on 191 or Live Chat can access your account and help you further with this situation to clarify what's happened and if it was a genuine error on their part then as a Goodwill Gesture they should replace the funds taken. 

Vodafone cannot say what the Data was used on so Can only confirm how much data was used. 

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

If you get stuck then come back to the forum and one of the Vodafone Social Media Team here maybe able to help further if needed. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @SRC6

Depending on the data rewards chosen, you would have received a text to let you know when the data had been added and the data would have been valid for 2 or 7 days and added to your account within 24 hours.

The first place for your usage would be the My Vodafone application, this would let you know how much data you have used and the days remaining on your reward. The daily charge for extra data is £2.00 per day for 50mb and an extra 10p per mb thereafter.  If you added extra data for the month, you would be charged £5.00 for 500mb.

If you are still unclear, live chat or Customer Services would be the quickest option to get full clarifaction, they will be able to explain the out of bundle charge in detail.

In the meantime, where WiFi is available it is recommended to turn off your mobile data.