Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Moving Vodafone pay as you go number to Vodafone pay monthly contract

Atesoglu
2: Seeker
2: Seeker
I have my mobile unlimited and broadband unlimited contracts with Vodafone for several years now. I have recently bought 2 pay monthly contracts from Vodafone (Red 100gb) for my wife and daughter as well. The pay monthly contracts started on 14th Jan 2022. My wife and daughter already had their pay as you go phones with Vodafone. We filled in the forms to keep their old numbers to be used with new pay monthly contracts . We were told it would be done on Monday. Since Monday I have talked on chatline for help with 8-10 different people but none of them solved the problem although each time I was assured that the problem would be solved within a few hours. In the end, moving of numbers to new sim cards (pay monthly contracts) cd not be done. Only yesterday, I spend more than 3 hours online seeking for help. 3 times, the person I m chatting for online help, left the conversation without notice and I either went back to TOMI or went back to the que to wait dozens of people again to reconnect and star re-chatting with someone else, explaining the problem all over again. As you wd appreciate this has been an extremely frustrating experience for us and vodafone staff leaving the conversation without notice have been the most upsetting part of it after spending more than 1 hour each time trying to explain my problem again and again to different people on online help. 

On Tuesday my wife's and daughter's pay as you go numbers (the numbers we want to keep and move) stopped working and there is no service. They cannot call anyone or be called. My wife has doctor appointments on phone but she is not reachable. People are trying to contact my wife and daughter but they simply do not have their numbers working. I can not get any help online whatsoever and my last 3 attempts resulted with the insult from the Vodafone staff who left the online chat without notice. 
2 REPLIES 2

Beth
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Atesoglu!. I'm sorry to hear that your numbers haven't moved over yet. Our process for moving Pay as You Go numbers over to Pay Monthly is that the customer would fill in our Keep My Number form here, and if it's a personal account this can take up to 48 hours, if this is a business account it can take up to 10 working days to complete.

As you've advised you've already completed the forms, we'd need to enter your account to check for any notes from the back office team that state why there were unable to process this. We're unable to access accounts via the forum as it's a public platform. I would recommend in this case contacting our Social Media team if you haven't done so already. For information on how to do this, please click here. A member of the team would be happy to help get this resolved for you

You'll be greeted by the bot so please select the options "Get Started" and "Asked to DM" to be routed through to an agent. If you pop them over the link to this thread, you won't need to repeat yourself 🙂

Thanks Beth, I wl try to get into touch with them.