cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My PAYG bundle has ended after 30 days, do I need to cancel anything or just remove the SIM?

ArnoldL
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello, my PAYG bundle has ended after 30 days, do I need to cancel anything or just remove the SIM? I don't want to pay for nothing. Thanks, Arnold.

4 REPLIES 4

AnnS
17: Community Champion

It depends on whether you want to keep the number or just not use the SIM @ArnoldL .

If you want to keep the number for emergency purposes just opt out of the BVB here: How do I remove my Big Value Bundle? , the account will then automatically revert to PAYG 1, just remember to make a chargeable connection or top up every 90 days to keep the SIM active, Vodafone will send a reminder to this effect.  Further information here: Vodafone PAYG 

Should you no longer require the SIM as it's PAYG and not contract just dispose of the SIM and the account will automatically close after the 180 days of non usage.  So no need for you to worry.

Thanks, I'm not using the phone, I was worried in case I would be charged a daily rate, I read something about PAYG1 tariff rates. So nothing will be taken from my bank account if I don't use the phone with the Vodaphone SIM? Thanks (I'm new to this).

AnnS

Unless you registered a card for automatic top up through the Application or online account @ArnoldL Vodafone wouldn't be able to take money from your bank. 

Thanks Ann,  I was worried Vodaphone could charge my account through the debit card I used to buy the phone and the first 'bundle'. Regards, Arnold.