Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone Acount Reset

Ercanyildiz1
2: Seeker
Hi there I have a really old Number which I have had for years but I can't seem to log into my vodafone. My grandson set it up for me years ago. When I call up they tell me my details are wrong. It's really annoying because I want to get it fixed. Would it be possible to get my account reset so that I can go ahead and re-register my details? 
7 REPLIES 7

JoshManchester

You should try giving the PAYG customer care team a call on 191 and selecting the relevant option; if you got through to Pay Monthly those guys won't be able to access your account.

If all else fails, try picking up a new PAYG SIM with a temporary number then porting your old number to the new account.

Good luck!

The thing is I have tried doing this and they won't speak to me because my details are wrong. I have tried to get a port authorisation code and see if I could port to another network then port back but they won't even provide me with the port authorisation code due to data protection. 

Ah I see, if you're unable to pass security then they will not be able to issue you with a PAC code.

The only other option I can think of is to visit your local Vodafone store with photo ID so they can verify to Customer Care you're the account holder whilst in the store.

Would it be ok though even though the details on the account may be different compared to what's on my passport because like I said my grandson setup the account and he can't seem to remember if the details on the account are the same.

There's a chance the Vodafone Highstreet Store staff will advise you to go back to customer service as they are not in place to deal with account enquiries. 

What i would suggest is to let the Social Media Team here catch up with your thread and they will help as much as they can.

Any of the Vodafone Customer Services avenues would only help the account holder and can pass security protocols to protect the account. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

You are correct BandOfBrothers, the in store staff are very limited in what they can do in regard to account issues as they are primarily a sales avenue. However, going in store with photo ID is standard procedure for people who are unable to pass data protection simply so the staff can verify to the Advisor the legitimate account holder is on the line, which would permit access to the account.

But yes, if you are unsure of the details registered to the the phone number this may also be a wasted trip for you.

I'm sure one of the team here would be more than happy to advise you of the best action going forward! :Smiling:

AnnS
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

Hi @Ercanyildiz1

Providing you have kept the SIM active with a chargeable activity, and the number is active on the network, you shouldn't have any problems.

Have you tried clicking on the forgotten user name and password?   You will then receive a email to enable to to choose an alternative user name and password to enable you to access the account.

If the number is not too important to you, although it will be a different number, you can order a new replacement SIM card from the link below and set up a new account for the new number.

Free PAYG SIM