Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app stopped working

Aliselle
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hi there folks,

My Vodafone app has always worked well for me, for many years in fact. But has stopped working as of 1 month ago and no amount uninstalling and reinstalling helps. On installation the error message is as follows:-

''We're having a few technical difficulties at the moment. We're working hard to get things sorted.''

Any help to get it working again would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

4 REPLIES 4

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

That's very strange @Aliselle 🤔

- Have you changed your phone at all?

- Have you checked for any updates to the app?

- What phone are you using at the moment, it might be worth clearing any app cache and cookies directly?

- Also is your My Vodafone online account working?

Sorry for the interrogation, just trying to figure out what might be going wrong. Pop back to me with the above and I'll be happy to help in any way I can! 

Hi TJ, sorry for the late reply & I'll gladly answer any & all of your questions. 

I haven't changed my phone, I've checked for updates & cleared cashe. I've also uninstalled & reinstalled. On checking my online account, there does appear to be a problem there. I can access all areas except for settings in 'Services and Extras'. When I click the + symbol to expand each service it displays the following error message:   

!   Sorry, there seems to be a problem

We can't show you any product information at the moment. Please try later. - [Error ref 1g2]

When I checked a few days earlier the error code ref was  [Error ref 2c2].

I remember now, changing a setting in 'Bars and Data Alerts', probably around the time the app stopped functioning. Could this be connected?

Thanks in advance for your help.

TJ

No need to apologise @Aliselle 😊 Thanks for being so thorough with your answers - as there's parts of your online account that aren't working correctly, we might need to take a closer look into this for you.

We'll need to access your account to help get you up and running - please contact our team via Facebook at Vodafone UK, or get in touch on Twitter using the handle @VodafoneUK.

Please also provide a link to this thread, along with your username; this will save time and we’ll be able to help you quicker.

Hi TJ,

Thanks for your repy. I've sent the requested info via Facebook messenger.