Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My Vodafone app

Charcharlp
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Ahh I think I'm going crazy! I have switched from pay monthly to payg and now can't use the app to view my data etc - I just keep getting the attached message. 

I'm loosing track of how many times I have contacted Vodafone and been told we have reset your settings it will all be working shortly and guess what it doesn't! 

Ive uninstalled, reset, turned phone off blah blah blah more times than I can remember and it still isn't working, and nobody can tell me why.

I know there are bigger problems in the world but I don't want to have to log into my account via safari each time just to view how much data etc I have left (that part works by the way!)

9 REPLIES 9

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @Charcharlp 

At a guess you are using an iphone.  If this is correct, you will also need to delete the application from your iclould account, it this was not done, you would have reinstalled the icloud back up. When completed and all traces removed from the phone, try downloading a fresh copy of the app.

If you still have problems follow this link: Contact us for account specific queries

I don't back up my iCloud and haven't since aug 2018.  I have been to settings- general-iPhone storage and deleted Vodafone app completely from there.  I've now done this over 10 times....... it still doesn't work!

BandOfBrothers

This does sound like an account issue @Charcharlp 

However just as a process of elimination if you insert the sim card in another phone and download the myvodafone app does it work or not ?

If not then you would have to persevere with customer service on 191 or Live Chat, and or raise a complaint via 》 complaints.

The complaints department maybe able to access your account at a deeper level possibly and flush your account.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi 

thank you for your help, I did insert SIM card into and other iPhone installed app and still get the same error message.

complaints dept here I come 🙈

TJ
Community Manager (Retired)

Thanks for double checking your SIM in another phone @Charcharlp. Is your My Vodafone online account still working? Is it just the app that you're having trouble with? 

It's just the app I can login online but can't view my info on the app just get a message saying "retry"

TJ

Thanks for confirming that @Charcharlp. One of our team will be happy to access your account and take a closer look into why your app isn't working for you. Find out how to get in touch here.

Make sure to pop your username and link to this thread in your message too, this will save you having to explain again and we can help you quicker. 

I've done this already and I'm not getting anywhere.  I've had lots of live chats, called in and messaged via Facebook, logged a complaint.  All without success and I'm still no further along, the app still doesn't work and I don't know why and I'm not getting told why.

Absolute rubbish, constantly getting fobbed off and going round in circles.

Hi @Charcharlp, we really want to get this resolved for you. Can you make sure you have included your Username from the forum in your message on social media, we will then be able to locate your conversation and take a closer look at this for you.