Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

My vodafone

prudencebond
1: Seeker

Hello there , 

ive downloaded the app and would

like to top up using the app. I currently have no credit therefore no minutes, texts or data. In order to log in to the app it is asking to be disconnected to wifi and is asking to Use mobile data. I can't do this because I have no mobile date and the reason why I want to use it is to top up and get mobile data etc but I can't because I don't have any lol. Just wondering if there was a way of topping up and getting a bundle without having to have mobile date or credit on my phone? 

Thanks 

3 REPLIES 3

63johnw
17: Community Champion

Hi @prudencebond I think you are going to have to use one of the other top up methods until you can activate the my Vodafone app.

BandOfBrothers

Hi @prudencebond

Please take a look in this Vodafone Official Link which details the various options on how your able to top up. 

i.e.

Top up in a store.

Top up by text.

To register for this service, top up over the phone on 2345. Then, when you want to top up again, text TOPUP (free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone) 

Top up by phone.

Call 2345 free from your Vodafone Pay as you go phone.

Vodafone and topping-up.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

@prudencebond The data used for connecting the app to mobile data isn't metered - ie you access it without charge. Therefore you should be able to get the app to "find" you and be able to top up via the app without having any credit or data allowance on your account.

If that doesn't work for you, please come back and report here, as occasionally the usage gets accidentally brought back into the metered zone. As I currently have either credit or a data allowance on all the SIMs to which I have access, I can't verify it for myself, but I've certainly used the app in the past on an unmetered basis.

Of course, if you've opted into IOU, there is a danger of incurring the daily £2 data charge, if some other app muscles in and makes a connection.