cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

(solved) MyVodafone app not working (New phone number)

Fre
2: Seeker

(solved)

Hello,

I have just gotten a new pay as you go Sim for my iPhone SE. I put £5 credit on (via MyVodafone, but on the website via my laptop) and then downloaded the MyVodafone app on my phone. The MyVodafone app just is not loading, I open it and I turn my WiFi off like it says, and then the loading sign just goes on forever and never goes further than that.

Many thanks for any help/advice

5 REPLIES 5

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hey @Fre

Try deleting the myvodafone app from your iPhone and then also go into your iTunes via a computer and delete it from your iTunes apps. 

If you can also delete it from your iCloud too. 

That way your downloading a fresh copy of the app with no cookies and cache. 

One extreme option would be to restore your iPhone after backing up and when resetting it back up choose to set it up as a new iPhone and not use your back up just in case it's something in there that's causing the issue. 

If it still won't work then ring customer service on 191 or Live Chat and they can access your account and help you further with this situation. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Fre

If you have set up your online account and it is running the application will follow.  As this is a new number, the most likely reason is the application has not caught up with the new connection.  You also need to use mobile data for the first time when making the connection to the application.

If it is not working within the next 24 hours, come back to the forum and one of the Team will be able to find the reason for the connection problem to the application.

Further information for you below.

Support - My Vodafone Application

techblogger911
4: Newbie

Delete the app and the traces of it, then Try putting your phone into DFU mode by pressing the home button and power button. It restarts the phone, try reinstalling the app. It should solve the problem.

For PAYG, the app is totally independent of the online account, so setting up an online account won't help, although there are plenty of other advantages to having one.

How is the data signal in your area? Here it's pretty ropy, and the last time I swapped phones it took the best part of 3 days for the app to "find" me again. Eventually got it sorted by trying it around 3am, and it found me almost immediately. "Finding" seems to require a much better signal than routine use, as I can check my balance and remaining allowances when I'm out and about without undue difficulty. Or maybe the problem at busy times of day is the level of demand on the relevant server.

Fre

Thanks for all your replies.

The problem was the data APN and someone from Vodafone managed to help me fix it.