Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

NETWORK UNLOCK CODES

steamjohn
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have a 2012 Nokia 201 Asha. I requested a network unlock code from Vodafone. The first unlock code has not worked. I requested they check the code and they came back with a second code and again this did not work. I understand from the internet that it is possible to only have three attempts. When a code does not work first time it is only natural to try again. I was not advised by Vodafone to be careful. It now looks like I am locked out forever. Even complaining to Vodafone they do not accept responsibility. I was a customer for 18 years and this is how they treat you. Do I now have to scrap my phone for trying to use another network and save money? Can anyone assist as I love my little faithful Nokia.

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

It's true @steamjohn that some phones have a set amount of tries to input an unlocking code and then lock out. 

But as far as I'm aware this can be reset if Vodafone agree to send it off via one of their Highstreet Stores. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@steamjohn We'd like to help with this.

I've sent you a private message with details to contact our team directly. A member of our team will then be in touch as soon as possible to assist you further.

Thank you.

Thanks Natasha,

Form completed as requested.

But I am not holding too much hope. I have been passed from pillar to post. Nucresolutions - Vodafone helpline - Vodafone shop and round we go in complete circles until the customer is tired and goes away. 

Just thought I would try the forum as I love my little Nokia.

Tash
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@steamjohn I can see we've replied to your latest email. 

We'll be in touch with any further updates.

Thanks Natasha.

Hey Natasha,

Guess what. Its now been 8 days since my last contact with anyone from vodafone. Usual give him the silent treatment and he will go away. Have said I fdid not hold much hope of anyone solving my problem.

Here is my last reply on  July 29th

Hi John,
I'll pass this over to our team who'll raise this with a Unlock Team that we talk to.
They'll give us update's on the steps that they take and contact the manufacturer if this needed.
Thanks,

Jake
Social Media

Vodafone Limited
Vodafone HQ, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Registered in England No 1471587

Alex
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@steamjohn This process can take up to 10 working days. 

I'd advise you to respond to the latest email you've received from us - our team can then chase this up. 

ok thanks for info. I will sit tight and hope. Things sure move slowly in Vodafone world.