Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Network Guarantee Tool Completely Disappeared From My Vodafone App

ReedPR
8: Helper
8: Helper

Hi there,

Am using latest My Vodafone app from play store which for me is 8.1.

I have noticed today the network Guarantee tool has completely gone from my app and only options I have for network is a speed checker and a checker to see what signals are available in my postcode.

I use the free 250mb data you get for using the tool without fail every month (or is it now 60 days) as I always run out of data but now the tool has gone.

I have a dual SIM phone and even alternated between the two Vodafone accounts I have and it doesn't show up on either. 

As I spend close to £100 a month on these two Sims, it is nice to get a little 250mb extra data when I need it.

Help?

10 REPLIES 10

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

I've just looked at my own myvodafone @ReedPR  and it's the same on mine.

It's still shown in Network-Satisfaction-Guarantee/Network-Satisfaction-Guarantee-Tool.

Maybe the Vodafone Social Media Teams here can officially clarify why it seems this has been removed. 

Screenshot_20190621-132001_My Vodafone.jpg

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hi @BandOfBrothers

It's been too long since we spoke hope you're well.

This is very strange behaviour even for Vodafone. If your Network Guarantee Tool has gone, we do indeed have ourselves a problem. I don't recall when I last saw it on my app but it was definitely this month I am certain of that.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it gone. If I'm honest it's a pointless tool from Vodafone's side as the data they get from the constant no signal or slow signal is never really true. You just click on whatever option you want to get free 250 data.

BandOfBrothers

Looking again from what I can make out it's been removed since the update to the app which was from June.

Looks like a business decision.

Current Phone  >

Which version do you have of the My Vodafone app @BandOfBrothers? Mine hasnt been updated since 28th May and I have version 8.1.

Interestingly, according to this update in Playstore, these are the improvements -

This update lets users set their marketing preferences and easily access where to change permissions for their device. It also includes some fixes to help improve app stability and availability.

Very interesting that this update improves availability and yet only change I can see is a service is now unavailable. The irony is most amusing!

63johnw

Hi @ReedPR  and @BandOfBrothers  I believe that this was withdrawn from 23rd June and is no longer to be offered by Vodafone. 

BandOfBrothers

Same as you @ReedPR 

As I mentioned it's been removed.

@63johnw  thank you for confirming. 

Current Phone  >

@63johnw thank you very much for confirming this. I have attempted to go on Vodafone's site myself and search for official confirmation this service is coming to an end on June 23rd to no avail. The option for the guarantee tool has gone from the site apart from archived answers but no official word on show at all. I don't suppose you could send me a link to this mysterious announcement if you don't mind? I would just to read it. 

@BandOfBrothers oh well another nice little bonus gone. I wonder what will be next

Thanks for the assistance both of you, as always it's good to have champions around who can provide answers seemingly when even Vodafone keep quiet.

63johnw

Hi @ReedPR  I have asked someone from Vodafone to look at this and comment. 

Gemma
Community Manager
Community Manager

@ReedPR  - I'm sorry as I understand this extra 250mb benefited you. @63johnw and @BandOfBrothers are right in saying it's no longer available.