Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG Phone and SIM

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just bought a new phone and pay as you go sim (£10 bundle). How long does it take for the initial £10 to show on my account? Cheers, Paul.

4 REPLIES 4

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Hi

It can take a short while to show up sometimes in your Myvodafone unless the credit has already been used for a Big Value Bundle 

See http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/bundles-and-sims/pay-as-you-go-plans/

Did the Vodafone shop (if bought that way) activate the sim and upload the £10 onto it ?

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Annie_N
Community Champion (Retired)
Community Champion (Retired)

The normal thing, if you bought at a Vodafone store, would be for the SIM to be already opted in to the Big Value Bundle, and therefore the £10 would be immediately applied for the purchase of that.

Therefore, if you call 2345, the credit line, I'd expect you to hear that you have no credit, but that you have a BVB, expiring on Day 30, counting the day you bought it as Day 1. To get details of allowances remaining and expiry date, you'd need to choose option 2 followed by 1 and then by 1 again.

If you bought from another outlet, you would probably be given a top-up voucher for the £10, and have to apply it to the SIM - again, 2345 would be able to do this for you, though you might need to call 17298 first to activate the SIM.

Anonymous
Not applicable

All sorted now, thanks to everyone for the help. I called 191, they informed me CarPhoneWarehouse should have activated the sim and applied the credit but (191) did it for me ... 

BandOfBrothers

Thank you for your update. 

Glad its all sorted for you. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.