cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG SIM: How long active for without adding credit?

rajchoitram
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Dear Vodafone,

We have rec’d a new PAYG SIM. Will not activate / top it up for now. How long will it stay active for? Or does it expire with non-use / non-top up? Warm Regards, Raj.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Have a look on the card that the sim was attached to @rajchoitram as there will be a use by date if there is one.

The last Vodafone UK Payg Sim Card I recieved didn't have a use by date / activate by date so I think they just remain dormant until inserted into a mobile phone.

Once inserted and then activated then activity needs to be made to keep the account working.

The timeframe breaks down like this …
If a person does not make an activity as described above in 90 consecutive days then Vodafone make contact via sms to advise. Then if after 45 days no usage is made they send a final notification and then give another 45 days to make some activity.
Then the Payg account could be suspended and the number and account credit lost.
The mobile number is typically quarantined for a length of time and then put back into the number pool to be redistributed to another person.
If a Payg account is suspended then a person has 90 days to ask Vodafone to re activate the Payg account via 0333 304191,  191 from a Vodafone phone, 
Payg reconnection window is 90 days if the account is suspended by Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

View solution in original position

2 REPLIES 2

Mark
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry to hear you're having difficulty activating your SIM @rajchoitram. This usually takes less than an hour to complete, but can take up to 24 hours. Refreshing your connection by restarting your phone from time to time during this period can help reduce any delay.  If your SIM still isn't active after 24 hours, pop us a message through one of our social channels and we'll take a look into this for you.

For more information on how to add credit to your service, how long this lasts and what bundles are available, check out our Pay as you go FAQ's.

BandOfBrothers

Have a look on the card that the sim was attached to @rajchoitram as there will be a use by date if there is one.

The last Vodafone UK Payg Sim Card I recieved didn't have a use by date / activate by date so I think they just remain dormant until inserted into a mobile phone.

Once inserted and then activated then activity needs to be made to keep the account working.

The timeframe breaks down like this …
If a person does not make an activity as described above in 90 consecutive days then Vodafone make contact via sms to advise. Then if after 45 days no usage is made they send a final notification and then give another 45 days to make some activity.
Then the Payg account could be suspended and the number and account credit lost.
The mobile number is typically quarantined for a length of time and then put back into the number pool to be redistributed to another person.
If a Payg account is suspended then a person has 90 days to ask Vodafone to re activate the Payg account via 0333 304191,  191 from a Vodafone phone, 
Payg reconnection window is 90 days if the account is suspended by Vodafone. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.