Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG SIM card in old work Nokia C2-01

JPS1974
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I have an ancient NokiaC2-01which I was given by my employer. It was on the Vodafone network. I haven’t used it for over five years and the Sim didn’t work when I tried it. I bought a £10 PAYE SIM card from the Vodafone shop today but it doesn’t seem to work. I got the message shown on the photo. Any ideas to get it working please?A170C391-60D8-4F82-8609-C5B1A395E1FF.jpeg

2 REPLIES 2

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Unfortunately until the Vodafone Social Media Teams get your picture it wont show on the forum.

Is the new sim card activated ?

How-do-I-activate-and-set-up-my-new-SIM.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @JPS1974 

Unfortunately, until moderated will be unable to view your image.

If the SIM is in the phone it should be compatable and should not stop the device from working.

Although PAYG SIM's should be preactivated, if you can get a connection try calling 17298, this will activate the SIM, if the SIM does not work in the phone, try putting the SIM in an alternative phone.  If the SIM connects, this will prove you have a phone fault.

If you purchased the BVB earlier today, you will probably find it won't kick in until midnight tonight and the SIM will activate when there has been a chargeable connection.

There is further information on this link, if you click mobile phones you will be able to find PAYG help:Getting Started