Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New PAYG SIM card phone number not recogised

citroen
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

Hello. I have just received and installed into my vehicle, a sim card. I am able to make telephone calls out but anyone phoning in gets a message that the phone number has not been recognised. Can anyone offer a suggestion to resolve this please ?.

8 REPLIES 8

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Are you able to check through your car systems preference settings etc @citroen 

The sim card is activated as your able to make calls out.

It maybe beneficial to Google Search for a car forum to see if there are any help threads.

Also as a process of elimination can you try your sim card in a phone to see if you then get calls ?

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

Hello 'Band of Brothers'. I have transferred the sim to another phone and tested to see if that phone will accept an incoming call with the same result of 'The number dialed is not recognised'. The test phone dials out without any problem. Accordingly I am inclined to suspect that its not the vehicle causing the problem but is the sim card.

Is it likely there is a delay on the network as I have only had the sim for 6 hours as I write i.e. should I wait 24 hours ?.

BandOfBrothers

Ok @citroen 

Thank you for your reply.

Please speak to Live Chat  or Customer Services on 191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams via Contact-us-for-account-specific-queries and they'll get your account checked and hopefully up and running.

Current Phone  >

Hi 'Band of Brothers'. Thanks for your efforts to assist me. Unfortunately the Chat line facility has not been available for the last 3 or more hours. It was the first place I went to to seek help.

I have spent too much time on this nonsense today and will await to see if it has resolved itself by tomorrow. If not I will attempt to secure whatever is left on my £10 top as a refund.

BandOfBrothers

You're very welcome @citroen 

With Live Chat it can take a while for an agent to become free, however not 3 hours ! The service is 24/7.

Leaving the chat window open usually  works.

Clearing cookies and caches in the browser and allowing pop ups can too especially on a laptop / tablet.

191 or the Vodafone Social Media Teams can help too if you can't connect to Live Chat.

All the best.   :Smiling:

Current Phone  >

AnnS

Hi @citroen 

I guess you are using the SIM in your Citroen car. 

It sounds like the SIM has not properly activated, although you are able to call out this needs to be a chargeable connection.  You will also need some added credit and although you are able to use PAYG1 a Big Value Bundle on this link  will take care of all your outgoing monthly calls, texts and data.

Please see here: Activate SIM 

Welcome to Vodafone 

Yes, made 3 chargeable phone calls, two of them on the vehicles system, still doesnt recognise the number. And ,as mentioned previously, I have taken the sim out of the vehicle and installed it into my mobile phone, dialled the new number and the number is not recognised.

With all the mobile phones I have had over the years I have never experienced this problem before and I am quite surprised when I Google it to see the number of other people who seem to be suffering the same problem and who dont seem to be getting any quick resolution. And thanks for the offer to upgrade to a 'Big Value Offer' a current sim card that doesnt work,  are you really serious ? 

How do I claim a refund of the £10 top up that I have put on this faulty sim card ?.

BandOfBrothers

@citroen 

@AnnS  and myself are fellow customers trying to help you with this,  and I appreciate your not happy and rightly so.

We understandably don't have account access which is why I'm asking you to contact customer services with this.

Issues like yours are not always easy to resolve and can involve lots of trial and error with troubleshooting.

Please contact Customer Services via the avenues I replied with earlier and they'll access your account to help you.

The official line is Vodafone don't refund credit but they also have a duty of care to get you up and running too.

Current Phone  >