main_icn_My_Vodafone main_icn_Search main_icn_Chevron_right main_icn_Chevron_down main_icn_Close main_icn_Menu social-facebook social-google-plus social-linkedin social-twitter social-youtube main_icn_Community_or_Foundation main_icn_Location main_icn_Network_signal

Pay as you go

New number issue

danielshaw007
4: Newbie

I got my son a voxi sim for a phone I intend to give him when he stars secondary school.

Today it has received two cold callers to which I am alarmed to say the least, I have not given him the device yet or given anyone the number.

Could Voxi be selling numbers ? 

View more options
3 REPLIES 3
AnnS
17: Community Champion

It sounds like Voxi has reissued a recycled number @danielshaw007 .  Mobile numbers are recycled in general throughout the telephone industry, there are not an infinite number of mobile telephone numbers available and when disconnected from the network a period of 'quarantine' should clear the number of unwanted callers from the previous user.

You can ask Voxi for a new number but there is always a chance you will be provided with a further recycled number but hopefully clear of unwanted spam here: Voxi 

View more options
danielshaw007
4: Newbie

Ah, of course, that makes sense.

I will just block these callers and keep an eye on it.

Thanks

View more options
AnnS
17: Community Champion

Yes @danielshaw007 these unwanted spam callers will eventually get the message that your Son is the new user of the number.

Hopefully, that will the the end of the spam.

View more options