Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

New pay as you go sim unable to receive incoming calls

david808080
2: Seeker
2: Seeker

I got a new pay as you go sim card last week - bought a £10 bundle but it has never been able to receive incoming calls. I spent ages on online chat where the guy removed incoming barring , reset the sim and promised it would be live by midnight but still not working. Phoned 191 , was told it was an international issue Vodafone were having with thousands of PAYG sim cards and again was told that it would be live within 30 minutes. It still isn't working and the store where I got it from told me that dozens of customers had come into the store with exactly the same issue.

Any idea when Vodafone will sort this out? Unfortuately I have already given the number out to lots of people who can't phone me ( although it does revieve texts ) and Vodafone is the only network that works ( otherwsie I could just get a PAC code and transfer to a new network ).

6 REPLIES 6

AnnS
17: Community Champion

Hi @david808080

Have you called anyone yet other than 191?  You need to make a quick outgoing call to fully activate the SIM.  As soon as this has been done, you should be able to receive calls and texts.

The other alternative is to call 17298 to activate the SIM.

yes - made outgoing calls and phoned 191.  Phone 17298. Put sim in another phone. Sent web settings to 40127.  Basically done everything over and over again. As I said - it seems to be a major Vodafone problem.

Have you considered a Sim Swap at a Vodafone Highstreet Store that replaces the SIM card. 

I understand you’ve given that particular number to people but if this was me I’d be thinking of dumping the sim and number and starting again. 

Customer services may apply the lost credit on the brand new sim and number. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @david808080

This is going to need further investigation from the Team here on the forum. 

From what you have now written, this sounds more of a network issue than anything else.  It might be worth seeing if you are still unable to receive in an alternative area.

To give the Team something to go on and an example of the problem, it would help if you went through the steps on the link below, complete the form on the template and copy and paste the results back on the thread.  As soon as this has been done, someone will be in touch.

Network Issues

's not a netwrok issue - as I have already explained , Vodafone customer services have said there are lots of their pay as you go sims that are unable to receive calls , often several weeks after activation. It still isn't working today. It's a bit of a shambles ,to be honest.

Colleen
Moderator (Retired)
Moderator (Retired)

@david808080 We aren't currently aware of any problems with Pay as you go accounts, but we'll be happy to look into this for you. 

As we'll need to access your account, I've sent you a private message with details on how to get in touch.