Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

Newbie unable to open new phone ....?

arcadian
4: Newbie

Hi first time I've ever used a mobile phone and just bought a Vodaphone Smart 6, but having big problems trying to even enter to add top up pay as you go voucher as it's saying "No Service ?" and it's still locked. New Sim card installed ok.

Much appreciate what to do next thanks....

17 REPLIES 17

kids
Community Champion (Retired)

Have you activated the SIM card?

Oh dear got to start somewhere so apols ! :Laughing_Face:

No how do you do that ?

kids

We all have to start somewhere :smileyvery-happy:

To be honest and as you have not gone through this procedure before the best was ISPs to go into a Vodafone store and ask them to activate the sim for you, they will do that while you wait and make sure the activation request has gone through.

Take your phone and the SIM card and it should not take more than 15 minutes of your time. At the moment online activation appears to be taking a lot longer so the store is your best bet to get up and running.

Good luck.

kids

Thanks for the kind thought.... ! :smileyhappy:

Nearest store is about 25 miles away and as there's no rush how to go about online activation ?

Crossed posts thanks for the info....

kids

You are more than welcome.

If you run into any problems just post back as there will always be someone here willing to help you.

Just remembered I've heard it's risky to use your mobile close to a laptop, is this true and if so what must you do and not do etc....?

kids

I have used my iPhone near and on my laptop for many years and never blown mysel up.

i think years ago there was a worry about magnetic fields causing some conflict but quite honestly I have not heard anything about that for years.