Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No 4G

Matomo
1: Seeker

Hi,

I’m trying out Vodafone before moving from another network so I need to see what the 4G is like. I’ve got a Pay as you Go SIM but cannot get 4G anywhere. My phone is stuck on 3G. 

I’ve not had much luck with Live Chat who just told me to restart my phone. Any ideas? I see others have the same problem. 

Thanks. 

3 REPLIES 3

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion

Which phone are you using @Matomo ?

I ask as some phones have the ability to toggle 4g on and off. 

As this isn't happening just in one place ruling out mast issues or a non 4g area then it could be a sim or account issue. 

We did see that some accounts didn't have 4g toggled On in some cases. It might be worth asking them to check. 

And check in your phones Apn settings to see it's all set up right although as your getting 3g it should be ok. 

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.

AnnS

Hi @Matomo

There is a problem with some PAYG SIM cards where 4G has not been added.  All that needs to be done is for you to contact Vodafone and ask them to enable 4G against the number, it's a simple process and the issue is something Customer Services should be more than aware of.

If you have any problems come back to the forum and one of the forum team will be able to contact you and get 4G enabled.

ToniCa
13: Advanced Member

As I understand it, the CS agents see that 4G is enabled on the account, so just ask customers to keep trying this and that in the hopes of kick-starting it. However, although it is theoretically enabled, in some cases it doesn't actually work!

There seem to be two possible approaches to fixing it - either remove 4G from the account and re-enable it, or disconnect the account entirely and re-connect it to the network. CS agents can probably do the first, they may need to pass you to tech to do the second. Either way, if it has worked, 4G seems to appear instantaneously, so be suspicious of assurances that it will work in another 24 hours.