Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ask

Solution

No signal

drtroy27
1: Seeker

Hi,

I gave my Grandfather an Honor 9 phone for Christmas 2019 and they've put their Pay as you go Vodafone sim into the phone. The texts worked fine, as at New Year's they sent and recieved texts from several people. However, now they are unable to do this. A text they tried to send to me last week still says "Sending", there is a 0 bar connection and it says "emergency calls only". We've tried taking it into more populated locations such as shopping centers etc and we still have an issue, so it's clearly an issue with the phone rather than the signal. The phone is up to date, also. Any ideas what to do? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

BandOfBrothers
17: Community Champion
17: Community Champion

As a process of elimination can you try your sim card in another phone.

And try another sim card in the Honor 9

This would help to determine if the phone is at fault or if the sim card is at fault.

If the sim card then a Vodafone Highstreet Store can perform a sim swap as long as you take some ID.

Vodafone customer services can check the account at their end to ensure everything at their end is as it should be.

If the phone is at fault and if it's still under manufacturer warranty and it has not been dropped or had any of the water indicators tripped then Vodafone can send it off if Vodafone supplied the phone originally.

If not then you may need to contact the manufacturer for support.

Current Phone  >

Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512gb Phantom Black.